No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu Talks Hatton, Career, Povetkin, Lebedev, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tszyu Talks Hatton, Career, Povetkin, Lebedev, More

Kostya Tszyu, once the undisputed light welterweight champion of the world and 2011 IBHOF entrant, has successfully transformed himself from a boxing superstar to the most renowned (and quite possibly the most prosperous) Russian boxing coach. Right now Tszyu is neatly tied to Vladimir Hryunov and his fighters, working with Alexander Povetkin, Denis Lebedev and some other fighters. Khabib Allakhverdiev, the newly crowned WBA "regular" light welterweight champion, was guided by John David Jackson in his fight with Joan Guzman but he also conducted a major cycle of his preparations under Kostya’s guidance.

[Click Here To Read More]

Why is Tszyu starting to make excuses after 8 years?

Comment

Hatton and his uncles as the ref (Micky Vann/ Dave parris) = 100% sure dirty tricks

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        All fighters make excuses although it does seem odd he would make his nearly a decade later.

Tszyu before the Hatton fight:

I am 35 and I am fresh. I am very confident because I am much better now at 35 than I was at 25. I could destroy the 25-year-old Kostya Tszyu right now with the 35-year-old Kostya Tszyu.

As for the style Hatton fought with, that's the way Tszyu wanted it:

Question: Ricky has been a sensation in England and he has got a swarming, very high volume punch style, but that is probably something that you like – guys who come to fight?

Tszyu: Of course, I love it. Every time somebody is throwing the punch, there is a good chance that they open up themselves. I am an accurate boxer myself and I know that every time you try to punch in flurries, you have time to leave yourself open. For me, it is all about split seconds. I do not make mistakes myself and when other people make mistakes, when they are throwing the punch, it is usually time to go. That is why I am happy with anyone coming to me.

Question: In your last fight with Sharmba Mitchell, you basically came out and destroyed him. Is that the same plan with Ricky Hatton?

Tszyu: Whatever is going to happen is going to happen. I am preparing myself for any tactic. Whether it is going to be a brawl or it is going to be a tactical game, I am ready for anything. I will not need to look for Ricky. He will come on me and that is the great thing about this fight.

Question: Do you feel that it could just turn into a war right when the bell sounds?

Tszyu: We are not here to do the ballet. Of course, there is going to be war. That is what people want to see and that is what they are going to see.

Question: Do you prefer to fight a boxing technician like Sharmba Mitchell or a brawler like Ricky Hatton? If you had to pick, which do you prefer?

Tszyu: I think it is easier for me to fight the guys who are coming to me because I do not need to look for them. It is not easy to fight fighters like Sharmba because you have to chase and chase them. The guys who will come at you, throw the punches and, like I said, when they start throwing punches, they start making mistakes.
        Ricky walked right through Kostya's best shots.

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Hatton and his uncles as the ref (Micky Vann/ Dave parris) = 100% sure dirty tricks
        Why are you telling lies?
        Last edited by Weebler I; 01-30-2013, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Because he is not boxing , Hector Lopez was robbed in that fight .

Comment

Everyone knows that Hatton was allowed to get away with a lot of dirty tactics in that fight by the English ref.

But it comes as a surprise to me that Tszyu had injured shoulder ligaments and became basically a one-handed fighter. Interesting comments by Kostya.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              All fighters make excuses although it does seem odd he would make his nearly a decade later.

Tszyu before the Hatton fight:

As for the style Hatton fought with, that's the way Tszyu wanted it:

Ricky walked right through Kostya's best shots.

Why are you telling lies?
              Excuses? He was asked whether he was had a fractured shoulder. He corrected the guy and simply said he retore it during the fight and it didn't help. He didn't bring it up, he didn't use it as an excuse, and he's always said quite simply Hatton was the better man that night and he just didn't have it, or the determination/motivation, anymore to win.

There wasn't a single excuse in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                Excuses? He was asked whether he was had a fractured shoulder. He corrected the guy and simply said he retore it during the fight and it didn't help. He didn't bring it up, he didn't use it as an excuse, and he's always said quite simply Hatton was the better man that night and he just didn't have it, or the determination/motivation, anymore to win.

There wasn't a single excuse in there.

"the referee forgot to see all of Hatton's dirty tricks" sounds like an excuse to me.

Comment

That's not an excuse. He is simply stating a fact.

Comment

It was a VERY credible win for Hatton...I give him props on that...plus he was expected to be knocked cold in a matter of rounds...

However, many talk as if Hatton destroyed Tsyzu...I actually believe Kostya was coming back and countering well in the second half of the fight before Hatton kept the pace up and the fight ended...

I personally remember having the fight just about even

Comment

Working...
                    X