Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMAO at floyd fanboys not wanting floyd to take risks.

No wonder floyds legacy is a joke.

Comment

• LMAO at floyd fanboys not wanting floyd to take risks.

No wonder floyds legacy is a joke.

Comment

• This thread starter troll cracks me up, and I'm a Floyd fan. He's brilliant at playing stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
          Still none of the people riding this "Martinez at 160lbs or nothing" train can't answer why Pacquiao was so easily excused when refusing to fight Cotto at 154lbs (yes, the fighter he already destroyed and Top Rank were the ones offering the fight.... with a catchweight again). It was brushed away with: "Pacquiao said he doesn't want to, so it's ok with me".

But Mayweather must must MUST fight the number one at middleweight because no other fight is worth talking about? So basically Mayweather is just too good for anyone at 160lbs or below except Martinez, right? Are those same people pushing for this saying that Mayweather is that damn good? High praise indeed.
          if dude said, "i already beat cotto to a pulp, get somebody else", that would be enough for me...but we not talking about pacquaio here, we talking floyd mayweather jr., aka money may, the self proclaimed face of boxing today...everybody is easy work for this guy, dudes the guy didn't fight would have been easy work according to his fanboys, sooooo...its risk time...thats the way it goes when you are on top, and as selective about opponents as floyd is these days...

Comment

• Basically floydiots doesnt believe in what floyd is saying that skills wins fight not size.

Floyd's last couple of fights are clearly tilted to favor floyd. (weight, out of prme, history of quitting (Ortiz) and naturally smaller fighters.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
              Mayweather would be the underdog against Ward, Adamek or Wlad Klistchko. Should he fight them too?
              quit with the excuses, and stick with the topic of the thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                LOL at having no business at 147. He shouldve fought marqueaz and hatton at 140 south then.
                reading fail much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
                  reading fail much?

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
                    Basically floydiots doesnt believe in what floyd is saying that skills wins fight not size.
                    and imo, mayweather vs. martinez would pit the best skilled fighters p4p, against each other...sergio has a punch yeah, but would he be able to find floyd mayweather in 12 rounds?...i'd pay to see that...

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      quit with the excuses, and stick with the topic of the thread...
                      I don't see an excuse, just following your stupid logic to the Nth degree and asking where exactly you draw the line.

And the dude didn't just say "I already beat Cotto to a pulp, get me someone else". In fact he said the opposite. It was "I want to fight you Cotto, but I need another weight stip or I withdraw my offer". Even though the original weight stip meant absolutely nothing in the outcome of the first fight, right? When Cotto said 154lbs or no fight, Pacquiao refused to take a far lesser risk than the one you seem to think Mayweather should take..... and was given a pass by his fans. That's the parallel here. Different expectations for one fighter who thinks he's the greatest and another who's fans think he's the greatest.

In his last fight (where ironically he got starched by a naturally smaller fighter) Pacquiao showed he can get as close in weight to light-middleweight as Mayweather can. Couldn't win a title there without a catchweight, refused to fight at this weight against a fighter he already destroyed, and that refusal to take such a "risk" (oh the irony considering how events unfolded) is just fine to the same said people who won't anything except a far greater risk.

Is Mayweather that much better than Pacquiao that he is held to such higher standards? That seems to be the insinuation of the people pushing for this. It's a simple question. Either you think Mayweather is far superior to Pacquiao and should be held to higher standards, or not and they should be held to the same ones. Only a troll would try to have it both ways.
                      Last edited by Marvellous1; 12-22-2012, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X