Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs this era's best Super Middleweights, how would he have performed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones vs this era's best Super Middleweights, how would he have performed?

Just got through checking out some throwback Roy Jones and boy was he a treat to watch....honestly when he was in his prime he was the best fighter I've ever seen, not the greatest, but the best

This era has been arguably the deepest that the super middleweight division has ever been....in the last 10 years we have had Sven Ottke, Joe Calzaghe, Andre Ward, Mikkel Kessler, Carl Froch, Andre Dirrell, Lucian Bute, Anthony Mundine, etc....how do you guys think he would have faired against these guys in his prime

He would have make them look like nobody.

Comment

The only one that would compete is Andre Ward. But I'd pick to Roy to beat him.

Comment

Ward would have been an interesting fight.

Everybody else? Taken to the cleaners.

Comment

I think Roy has too much power and speed and toys with them. Remember how average he made the atg James Toney look? Hopkins too.

BUT...Chad Dawson vs Roy at a catchweight would interest me.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            He would have make them look like nobody.
            y'all must've forgot!!!

I think the only one that has a chance is Ward but he has no punch, never seen anyone outbox Jones, he could make it a rough fight but he'd be eating some counter shots,I doubt anyone is gonna decision a prime Roy Jones

Comment

Ward and Dirrell beat him.

Ward is smarter.

Dirrell doesn't fight directly, he sticks and moves. It would frustrate the hell out of Roy and he'd likely end up over reaching for shots, leaving himself vulnerable.

Comment

How would Andre Ward vs RJJ be any different than the Hopkins and Toney fights?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Ward and Dirrell beat him.

Ward is smarter.

Dirrell doesn't fight directly, he sticks and moves. It would frustrate the hell out of Roy and he'd likely end up over reaching for shots, leaving himself vulnerable.
                  Both had the styles, skills, and athleticism to give Jones problems, especially Dirrell with his awkward switch hitting style, length and speed.....out of all three though Ward is the most technically sound

I just think Jones has to much speed, power and countering ability for them

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    How would Andre Ward vs RJJ be any different than the Hopkins and Toney fights?
                    Ward is better than B-Hop was at that stage of his career.

He also can fight in numerous styles, adjust and frustrate. It would be good.

For the Chad Dawson mention earlier, even as a Chad fan, Rou would have wiped the floor with Chad.

Comment

Working...
                    X