No announcement yet.

Amateur boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur boxing!

I don't know how many of you lot are amateur boxers on here but it is tough!

Your stamina just goes even though you do train hard prior for the fight.

I wanna have a change in my training routine to suit amateur boxing better.

Going 3 - 2s is tough work and very tiring.

How can I build my arm endurance and whole body endurance that the way I box in the 1st, I box in the 3rd as well?

Need help with arm endurance the most? Anyone help please

When you stamina goes, you start looking sluggish and your technique fades

thanks

Originally posted by YoungJab View Post
    I don't know how many of you lot are amateur boxers on here but it is tough!

Your stamina just goes even though you do train hard prior for the fight.

I wanna have a change in my training routine to suit amateur boxing better.

Going 3 - 2s is tough work and very tiring.

How can I build my arm endurance and whole body endurance that the way I box in the 1st, I box in the 3rd as well?

Need help with arm endurance the most? Anyone help please

When you stamina goes, you start looking sluggish and your technique fades

thanks
    Lol you are telling it exactly like it is. Few tips - do some hard high intensity sparring occasionally if you dont already. Shadow box with light weights for the arm endurance. Do workouts that mimic 3x2 minutes of boxing ie. Run flat out for two minutes, jog slow for 30seconds x 3 times. Also learn to pace yourself during the first round, and not lose your head using up alot of what I only can describe as nervous energy.
    Good question.

Comment

You can improve stamina but you're still going to get tired because you can't replicate the nerves/anxiety/tension that you experience in a fight in your training.

Just try to be relxed and pace yourself as Trrmo said. So many guys train hard, run, spar etc and then go out in there fight and try to KO the guy with every punch in the first 30 seconds leaving them spent.

It will come as you get more fights and more experience. And then just as you get it figured out, you get bumped up to open class and have to go 3x3minute rounds instead of 2 minutes lol.

Comment

If you're training hard, why would your stamina go just before a fight? Maybe it is in your head

Comment

Originally posted by Leakbeak View Post
          If you're training hard, why would your stamina go just before a fight? Maybe it is in your head
          I never said that, u got it wrong

Comment

Alot of it is relaxing, dont load up on every shot, take deep breaths, just focus and look for openings, dont waste energy in the clinches.

And like Trrmo said, shadowboxing with 2lb weights for arm endurance, doing various sprints like 800m 400m 200m 100m (example 4x100m with a 30 sec rest between each sprint, then 4x800m with a 1 min rest between each sprint) and of coruse sparring at a hard pace all helps you to be in shape to fight.

I occasionally get sort of tired in the last round, my last two fights were both against bigger guys and i was on the move the whole fight which wore me out a little, and when i exchange heaps i get a bit tired, but i can push through that now and have no problems. Theres a difference between getting bit tired and breathing hard (as you always should be when you fight otherwise you arent working) and being absolutely ****ed and fatigued where you feel heavy and slow and want to die.

Comment

Archaic .. what do u mean dont waste energy in the clinches??

Comment

any one else????????????

Comment

He means he doesn't get himself locked into strength battles while in clinches. I believe the same. It's best to just push hard and then relax and then move. Clinches, especially when they're of equal strength of stronger, sap the **** out of your energy. There's practically no benefit to winning a clinch anyway because a good ref' breaks them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungJab View Post
                    Archaic .. what do u mean dont waste energy in the clinches??
                    Don't get locked into a wrestling match, waste of energy and the ref always breaks them up.....oh and dont bother punching in them either, waste of time

and plus, its good to let him try and swing you around when you clinch and you not resist, because it looks like he's fouling you to the ref and then ref will be inclined to be on your side

Comment

Working...
                    X