No announcement yet.

Pacquiao/Marquez 5 going head to head against Mayweather/Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao/Marquez 5 going head to head against Mayweather/Alvarez

Looks like Top Rank and Golden Boy plan on having a face off on Mexican Independence day weekend featuring the rematch between Pacquiao-Marquez and the Mayweather-Alvarez. My question is which one are you watching?
    Pacquiao-Marquez 5
    23.75%
    Mayweather-Alvarez
    55.00%
    Both
    20.00%
    Neither
    1.25%

That's a tough one, one is a retread, the other is a fresh face-off. Both though will be good-to-great fights

I guess honestly its all about the undercards. Top Rank will be forced to put on a badass undercard. Although Rios/Alvarado II isn't enough of an attraction for me. And on Mayweather's front, putting Broner by chance isn't enough, unless he travels up to 140.

Idk, as long as I don't see someone like Ponce De Leon

Comment

I'm honestly not interested in either, but I do have more respect for Pacman/Marquez.

Comment

floyd/canelo Boxing needs a new face and Canelo is the one

Comment

I would have to say a fight with Mayweather and Alvarez would bring more people because of the lack of interest in a 5th fight with Pacquiao/Marquez.

A Mayweather/Alvarez fight would also have alot more to fight for, if all comes into place; wise of a possible unification match.

More interest will brought if an Alvarez/Trout fight occurred; bringing in yet another major title.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
            I would have to say a fight with Mayweather and Alvarez would bring more people because of the lack of interest in a 5th fight with Pacquiao/Marquez.

A Mayweather/Alvarez fight would also have alot more to fight for, if all comes into place; wise of a possible unification match.

More interest will brought if an Alvarez/Trout fight occurred; bringing in yet another major title.
            The bold won't happen cause then Floyd would be fighting ginger coming off of a loss with no strap.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGEBOXINGFAN View Post
              floyd/canelo Boxing needs a new face and Canelo is the one
              Agreed......

Comment

Really dont want to see Manny-Marquez...AGAIN. Marquez ended that series quite well IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  The bold won't happen cause then Floyd would be fighting ginger coming off of a loss with no strap.
                  If he were to lose, then there would be no Canelo/Mayweather; but I don't see it happening. Trout is a good boxer but Canelo will push him past his comfort zone.
                  If the fight doesn't happen, then I would be truely disappointed in Golden Boy and Alvarez. This fight needs to happen, so Golden Boy can prove Alvarez worth in the game.

Comment

Mayweather vs Alvarez because it's a fight I've never seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X