This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
    A, Why sometimes do you just never answer my questions?

I asked you a question about MMA, and you just never responded?
    No offense but I don't feel entitled to answer every question.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
      No offense but I don't feel entitled to answer every question.
      And why would that be?

Comment

• Larry Holmes v Ken Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
          I'll watch his fight with Davila again as soon as I get the chance as well as his fight with Owen (correct me if I'm wrong but Owen was the fighter who died of injuries sustained in his fight with Pintor?). I've seen Chandler's first two fights with Murata (I actually posted his first fight on YT myself) and from what I remember the things that impressed me the most about Chandler were his durability, jab and conditioning (he never looked tired at all in the first fight, he just had this look of intensity through the whole fight). His power didn't really show in the first fight (though in all fairness Murata was a very, very tough fighter from what I've seen and I remember someone saying Chandler didn't really get his big punch until late in his career) and the fight was ugly and awkward times but Chandler showed real class against him and showed he was the better fighter in the rematches. I'll check out those fights as soon as I can which by the way JMC617 posted a lot of Chandler fights on the BaltazarBrothersII channel.

Murata is an interesting case, gave a prime Chandler and a prime Pintor some very tough and close fights and the point could be argued that he won at least one against each man. The guy had a hard style to figure out if memory serves correctly and was as tough and strong as they come. It would be real interesting to see him in today's bantamweight mix.

Here's the link to the YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BaltazarBrothersII
          Just watched Jeff Chandler's fight with Johnny Carter. Carter came out fast, landing several combinations in the first two rounds. All the while, Joltin' Jeff was sizing up the "Dancing Machine." Starting with round 3, Chandler began cracking right crosses to both the body and head. Chandler was tall for 118 pounds, 5'7", but he was an excellent infighter. In rounds 4-6, Chandler, with his back against the ropes, punished Carter with several combinations. In the 6th, Chandler landed a spectacular left hook that sent Carter crumbling into the corner of the ring. Miraculously, Carter got up, but the ref wisely stop the fight 30 seconds later. During the post fight interview, Chandler called out Lupe Pintor. Unfortunately, that fight never materialized.

Marv Albert did a great job of outlining the fight during the introductions. He mentioned how both fighters attended the same high school in Philadelphia and fought as amateurs. The fight was held in Philly and all three judges were from Philly as well. Loved Marv as a fight announcer. He was phenomenal and got excited only when it mattered, unlike that stiff Gus Johnson.

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
            I'll watch his fight with Davila again as soon as I get the chance as well as his fight with Owen (correct me if I'm wrong but Owen was the fighter who died of injuries sustained in his fight with Pintor?). I've seen Chandler's first two fights with Murata (I actually posted his first fight on YT myself) and from what I remember the things that impressed me the most about Chandler were his durability, jab and conditioning (he never looked tired at all in the first fight, he just had this look of intensity through the whole fight). His power didn't really show in the first fight (though in all fairness Murata was a very, very tough fighter from what I've seen and I remember someone saying Chandler didn't really get his big punch until late in his career) and the fight was ugly and awkward times but Chandler showed real class against him and showed he was the better fighter in the rematches. I'll check out those fights as soon as I can which by the way JMC617 posted a lot of Chandler fights on the BaltazarBrothersII channel.

Murata is an interesting case, gave a prime Chandler and a prime Pintor some very tough and close fights and the point could be argued that he won at least one against each man. The guy had a hard style to figure out if memory serves correctly and was as tough and strong as they come. It would be real interesting to see him in today's bantamweight mix.

Here's the link to the YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BaltazarBrothersII
            Just saw David Estrada's one sided beating of Orlando Lora. Perfect example of an unbeaten record meaning squash when you build it fighting tomato cans. Now to talk about a couple of greats.

Saw Jeff Chandler's 7th round ko of Julian Solis in their July, 1981 rematch. Solis won the first round by landing several rights. From the second round on, Chandler was in charge. Chandler had a great chin, as Solis, Carter and Murata hit him with many rights, and he never went down. Also, he was a tremendous inside fighter for a tall fighter. The end came in the 7th when Chandler put Solis to sleep. This occurred after Chandler threw a jab that missed, but blinded Solis just enough so that a whistling right caught him on the chin.

The next fight i saw was Thomas Hearns' 10th round ko of Dennis Andries. The Hit Man's physique was oh so spectacular in this fight as he was ripped like a body builder. One of the Motor City Cobra's great performances as his jab worked like a piston throughout the fight. Andries momentarily stunned hearns in the 2nd with a right, but hearns recovered quickly. Hearns hit Andries at the beginning of the 6th with a right so deadly that Andries fell and hit his head on the canvas. Andries had tremendous heart as he miraculously got up. Hearns decked him 2 more times, and Andries was out on his feet. WBC officials were screaming at the ref to stop the fight, but he ignored the plea and let Andries take a horrendous beating. Finally, the idiotic ref stopped the fight in the 10th, and Hearns won his 3rd world title.

Comment

• Last night i watch Audley Harrison KTFO of Michael Sprott

Comment

• Originally posted by sOuThPaW08 View Post
                Is Napoles vs Griffith on You Tube?
                sorry i dont know if it is on you tube

mcguigan vs pedroza
                fenech vs villasana

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  Erislandy Lara (10-0-0) vs Danny Perez (34-6-0)

Round 1 Lara

Lara landed a couple of straight lefts early and went to the
                  body.

Round 2 Lara (closer)

Closer round where Lara was active early countering in combo
                  but some of shots did not get through, toward the end Lara let
                  Perez come on a bit and go to his body.

Round 3 Perez (kind)

Thought Perez could of gotten a share of this or the last round so
                  i gave him the benefit of the doubt here as Lara was less active and
                  Perez did go to the body and was more consistent in the round

Round 4 Lara

Perez simply not letting his hands go enough, Lara more active

Round 5 Lara

Lara countering in combination

Round 6 Lara
                  Lara kept it long this round and landed

Round 7 Lara

Lara Boxing and landing more punches

Round 8 Lara

Lara tried harder to dominate this round as he let his hands go more in combination

Round 9

Round 10 Lara

Boring fight where Perez did not let his hands go enough and Lara hit a lot of gloves
                  with his shots despite also getting threw throughout the fight, Lara went to the body
                  well but still did not show me he had any right hook, Lara to me is all left hand and
                  cant fight inside, sure he has talent but he does not show much diversity imo, he did
                  not seem to want to close this fight out either, i mean there were rounds that he
                  he was not that dominant in when he could/should of been.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carlos Ivan Velasquez (11-0-0) vs Ira Terry (24-2-0)

Round 1 Velasquez

Landed a few solid shots on Terry this round, also landed
                  to the body and with hooks uptop.

Round 2 Velasquez

Velasquez scored well to the body the whole round

Round 3 Velasquez

Big round for Velasquez as Terry tried to bang it out with
                  him but he caught the worst of the action as he got hurt in
                  the round and was being hammered toward the end

Round 4 Velasquez came out and timed Terry over the jab
                  with a right hand that hurt Terry, Velasquez stepped in and
                  dropped with an accumaltion of punches and Terry got
                  counted out.

Velasquez showed patience early but got more aggressive and threw
                  caution to the wind as the fight wore on, he did a good job of countering
                  and he body was very impressive and as landed down stairs consistently
                  and hurt Terry to the body more than once, Velasquez looks to be a hard
                  puncher to.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Hey Dynamite, miss reading your scorecards. Last night watched the 1973 heavyweight title fight between an undefeated Ron Lyle and perennial challenger Jerry Quarry. What a performance by Quarry. Quarry stunned Lyle several times throughout the fight and outpunched Lyle 3-1. At the end of the 12th, Quarry was as fresh as ever and Lyle was exhausted. I gave Quarry the last 8 rounds as he constantly beat Lyle to the punch. One of Quarry's greatest performances.

Watched 2 of Ali's title defenses late in his career. His 1976 title fight in Puerto Rico against Jean Pierre Coopman was a glorified sparring session. Coopman barely landed a shot before Ali put him away in the 5th. The second Ali fight I watched was his horrible 1977 defense against Alfredo Evangelista, which was the very first fight I ever saw as a 9 year old boy. Howard Cosell blasted this fight throughout the 15 rounds, and was right in saying that Ali had seen his better days.

Comment

• larry holmes vs ossie ocasio holmes wins every round against a willing but totally outclassed ocasio who is saved by the ref in the 7th

jung koo chang vs torres (I) chang completely dominates here 10-1-1 for me, i will be interested to see thier rematch as chang must of not prepared properly or torres improved a huge amount as it is a close pts win for chang

Comment

• Recently watched berto look average against Quintana.I've tried but I just can't get stand watching berto..

Larry Merchant was really exagerrating how much of a beating caballero was putting on Yordan.

Comment

Working...
                      X