No announcement yet.

best things to do before fights/tourneys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best things to do before fights/tourneys

i was just wondering from boxers that have more boxing experience...whats the best thing(s) to do before a fight? i have golden gloves tournament this today...the tournament is til saturday...hopefully i can win my weight division...all day i've just been watching winky wright fights and trying to prepare myself mentally...what else is there that i can do to prepare?

try not to overindulge!! shadowbox at every oppurtinuty, piccture ur opponents cumn at u and think of wat ur gona do if "this or that" happens. think out a strategy, r u gona stay on the inside or u gona jab him alot and find ur distance where he cnt hit u. remember its unlikely ur gona win by nockout, hit nd move

Comment

Pray.

Seriously.

Pray, meditate, sit on your roof and contemplate the soul's exile on earth, or whatever Gnostic **** trips your trigger. If you're going to GG in a few days, then you have the skills; you have the muscle memory as down as it's going to get for this fight. Now, you've gotta not let your brain **** you over. God, or Allah, or your spirit guides, or Mars the God of War, whoever you pray to, will help you here.

Get calm.

I'm not just proselytizing; if I could do anything over again before my first fight, I'd have prayed more. Being calm on the inside and pumped on the outside would've helped a lot more than being pumped up on the inside and calm on the outside.

Comment

Think about Gettin the job done

Comment

hopefully you've got yourself in great shape. Get plenty of rest, stay calm and when the time comes get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by coreywash View Post
            i was just wondering from boxers that have more boxing experience...whats the best thing(s) to do before a fight? i have golden gloves tournament this today...the tournament is til saturday...hopefully i can win my weight division...all day i've just been watching winky wright fights and trying to prepare myself mentally...what else is there that i can do to prepare?
            how long have you been boxing? how long did you train before your first fight?

Comment

i just try to relax. i'm normally a person taht can get over anxious so i like to listen to music so that i dont think about it too much. i just try and focus on wat i need to do to be succesful inthe bout and relax.

once i start warming up and stretching out is when it rly hits me and i get slightly anxious/nervous.

Comment

just do what calms you down the most..

Comment

Its best to come to terms with what your real abilities are sooner rather than later. You can do and say whatever you want to before a fight, but once that bell rings there is no lieing. Its not what you do right before a fight that counts. Its what you have done for the months prior in preparation for this moment thaqt will count. If you have done your work and paid your dues you should just be yourself before a fight. It only matters after that bell rings..................Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
                    how long have you been boxing? how long did you train before your first fight?
                    i've been boxing 7 months...im still amateur so i fight whenever there's a tournament...but i fought at golden gloves a couple hours ago and i lost by decision..everyone told me i won and i knew it but it's all good...i'll post it up on youtube or somewhere when i get a copy of the fight tomorrow...lol i know one thing that sucked...usually we go 3 two minute rounds...since the fights didnt start til 7 pm and they wanted to be done by 10 pm they made all of the rounds 45 seconds a piece except for the open fighters...thats wack because you really cant box the way you want, but im not even mad i use that as motivation to keep me going..

Comment

Working...
                    X