Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you still win a round you've been knocked down in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only ever seen a 9-9 round and normally the scored there own kd or beat that ass the rest of the round.

I've never seen a 10-10 round or a 9-8 but anythn is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
      ????? Always thought a knockdown was 2 points and one for each one after the fact. The best outcome would be a 9-8 round. Don't think that a fighter that has been dropped can achieve a 9-9 but im no judge
      a KD is 1 point no matter if its the first one, only reason it always ends in a 10-8 cause the oppenent who was KD also lost the round (1 point). so it ends in 10-8 for the one who scored the KD and won the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        It's rare to get a 10-8 round without a KD or point deduction, so even if fighter A won the round he would only pull 1 point back which means he still loses it 10-9.
        But if the fighter who scored the knock down loses the round, he doesn't get a 10-8. One point in a 10-8 is the kd and one is winning the round.

Comment

Ten-point Must System

Judges use the 10-Point Must System in professional bouts. This system assigns ten points to the winner of each round. The loser receives nine points for a close round, eight points if he was knocked down or dominated, and seven points if he was knocked down twice. If a round is even and neither boxer was knocked down, both boxers receive 10 points. If each boxer was knocked down once, the knockdowns are disregarded and the winner of the round receives 10 points, while the loser receives nine points.

Comment

Whoever wins the round gets 10 no matter what unless the referee deducts a point from him.

If a fighter gets knockdown but ends up winning the round I believe it would be a 10-9, instead of 10-8.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              But if the fighter who scored the knock down loses the round, he doesn't get a 10-8. One point in a 10-8 is the kd and one is winning the round.
              As far as i know it's an automatic -2 for a KD -3 for two.

Comment

Hmmm....Everytime I see televised scorecard a KD always 10-8 round unless the other fighter scores one of his own even when one fighters glove just touches the canvas

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  As far as i know it's an automatic -2 for a KD -3 for two.
                  Then where's the point for winning the round ?

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                    Then where's the point for winning the round ?
                    If you get knocked down you lose the round unless you knock the other guy down.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                      a fighter CAN even the round despite being KD yes 9-9, but in order to win will have to have a very very dominant reminder of the round 2pnts (to my memory I have yet to witness this) or score a KD 2pnts himself to make it 9-8 in his favor.
                      sergio martinez did to paul williams in fight 1?

Comment

Working...
                      X