Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got any strategies with Roulette?.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RwK View Post
    Do you really go by the odds in each slot though? I don't trust the idea..........to me it seems they're just making up a bunch of crap to boost your confidence in that ONE TABLE depending on how it spins around.

lol.
    Theres only 38 possible numbers it can land on... If it flies off the table they dont magically win.You can put a 5 spot on numbers 1-32 and give yourself a 88% chance of winning.... But.... Youre risking $160 to win $175, and if the house lands on that 12% you lose all $160.

But you still have an 88% chance to win $15 bucks, like I said its all relative.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Theres only 38 possible numbers it can land on... If it flies off the table they dont magically win.You can put a 5 spot on numbers 1-32 and give yourself a 88% chance of winning.... But.... Youre risking $160 to win $175, and if the house lands on that 12% you lose all $160.

But you still have an 88% chance to win $15 bucks, like I said its all relative.
      You're right about the numbers game.

I think my biggest problem in gambling is that I don't play the odds.

I'm conservative yes, but from a blind bet. Then scratch.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Vice versa.. I can put a 5 dollar bill on the number 10 and if it hits I win $175, So I just risked 5 bucks to win $175, however theres 37 other numbers it could land on, so although you have the chance to win $175 while only risking $5 bucks.... You only have a 3% chance of actually doing so.

Comment

All I can say is don't play the statistics game lol. Being a math major, I was in Vegas playing the automatic roulette table, and at one point it hit black 7 times in a row (EXTREMELY unlikely). Following my gut feeling, I put down a monster bet on red, and to my dismay, next roll was black yet again

I still ended that trip up $800 though playing just roulette and a little bit of slots, heh.

Lesson is, each roll is completely independent from the last (barring some mechanical issue for the automatic tables, which is quickly corrected anyway). Don't get too caught up in trends.

Comment

Martingale system

Comment

I've heard people say put 20 on red and if that doesn't come out 40 next on red and so on to keep doubling it, but i'm not sure if you would end up winning anything significant.

What about the machines though?.

I don't know if you have them in the US, but they are big in the bookies over here.

I see people with more or less all the numbers covered but some with bigger stakes than the others.

Also some of them shout out the number the ball will land on as soon as it is released and if it doesn't land on that number they load up on a few different numbers and it comes in. Not sure how the hell they know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post

Lesson is, each roll is completely independent from the last (barring some mechanical issue for the automatic tables, which is quickly corrected anyway). Don't get too caught up in trends.
                100% this.

It can come red 56 times in a row. And it won't ever mean that black is "due". Doesn't change the odds 1 bit.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Roullette is easy, just pick what odds you want... Do you want a 65% chance of winning? You can have it easily, but if that 35% lands its twice the loss as the gain of the the winning 65%.

i generall play lots 2 and 3 which is pretty much 13 - 36... I put 50 on the second lot and 50 on the third... You have a little over 60% chance of winning if you include the double zeros. If it lands on the second, they take your third lot away and triple your second winning... So your betting 100 to win 150 with over a 60% chance of winning, but if. You lose, y ou lose all 100, and you need to win that two more times in a row get back to even after one loss whatever amount your betting.

Thats what I like to do, but its all relative really.
                  I hardly ever play roulette, but I think I'm confused. You're getting 3/1 on the 2nd and 3rd 12? Every table I've ever seen has paid 2/1, and you're essentially playing to break even (or lose it all if it lands on 0, 00, or 1st 12) with that strategy.

Edit: Christ, never mind, lol. I read "triple your winning" and went straight into thinking 3/1, and started treating 2/1 like it was even money, lol.
                  Last edited by johnm is...; 10-06-2012, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
                    I hardly ever play roulette, but I think I'm confused. You're getting 3/1 on the 2nd and 3rd 12? Every table I've ever seen has paid 2/1, and you're essentially playing to break even (or lose it all if it lands on 0, 00, or 1st 12) with that strategy.
                    It's 3 to 1 over here, 2 to 1 is for a row i think.

Can't believe they have a two zero's on American Roulette, that is a straight up con.

Comment

set a limit, and stick to it

Comment

Working...
                      X