Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hbo punch force !!! Looks cool !

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/18/h...-data-violent/

check out the cotto clottey stats ??
    how come thye never mentioned this to us?
    that fights 3 yrs ago lmao

I can imagine a couple of those just breaking for data override if Manny used them. Pretty cool.

Comment

This is one of the dumbest ideas I've seen in sports in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
        I can imagine a couple of those just breaking for data override if Manny used them. Pretty cool.
        yeah i can see the "manny throws faster than floyd " threads now lol and vice versa
        Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
        how so ?

Comment

Originally posted by $mannyFresh View Post
          I could see it, as a refinement tool, being much more useful than say Compubox. I think it'd be cool to see how much velocity went into a punch and get to notice actual, physical, hard data on how a fighter responded to such a hit.

****ing cavemen in this sport. I support this, would be cool to have access to the data on my smartphone and be like damn. I mean, I would like to know, just for curiosities sake, how much velocity it takes, and power to put a dude on his ass or Hatton him.

Comment

There's no way this should be used during the fight. I wouldn't mind seeing the stats post fight after the scores have already been announced.

Comment

I'd be happiest if they just scrapped this **** from the sport. To much emphasis is placed on statistics nowadays, not the actual fight itself. You understand the sport you don't need stats to know what's going on.

Comment

It's a bit of fun for the viewers like compubox, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Certainly like compubox it should never be seen by the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  I could see it, as a refinement tool, being much more useful than say Compubox. I think it'd be cool to see how much velocity went into a punch and get to notice actual, physical, hard data on how a fighter responded to such a hit.

****ing cavemen in this sport. I support this, would be cool to have access to the data on my smartphone and be like damn. I mean, I would like to know, just for curiosities sake, how much velocity it takes, and power to put a dude on his ass or Hatton him.
                  I'm just skeptical. The idea is good but I really doubt it'll be pulled off the way it's supposed to.

At least they're trying to spice things up.

Comment

no way in hell should the judges be able to see this during the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X