• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the greatest offensive fighters ever

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Lacked power in general really.

Top 50?? Taylor is not remotely close. He's not an ATG, no way.
      I agree. I just threw a number out there lol. Taylor probably wouldn't make my top 100 either if I took the time to make a list. Like you said, he was not an ATG or even close to it.

Comment

I think he was ATG quality at his best, but his record simply doesnt cut it.

The way he dominated McGirt is underrated in my opinion. McGirt was no stranger to quick hands, and demolished Howard Davis Jr in one round and later on gave Whitaker one of the toughest fights of his career(not to mention McGirt's impressive wins over Warren, Brown, Olivia and Leon). And yet Taylor took him apart and stopped him, which wouldnt happen again till he was past prime and at 154lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
          I think he was ATG quality at his best, but his record simply doesnt cut it.

The way he dominated McGirt is underrated in my opinion. McGirt was no stranger to quick hands, and demolished Howard Davis Jr in one round and later on gave Whitaker one of the toughest fights of his career(not to mention McGirt's impressive wins over Warren, Brown, Olivia and Leon). And yet Taylor took him apart and stopped him, which wouldnt happen again till he was past prime and at 154lbs.
          ATG quality most definitely but as you said his record isn't.

The Mcgirt win is a good win. Mcgirt was a good fighter.

His win over Simon Brown in particular was an excellent performance and Simon Brown was supposed to beat Buddy.

Comment

An exciting & very good fighter who has become mythologised beyond reality.

He was never bound for true greatness.

Comment

Working...
            X