Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexican Boxing is in a Golden Age (2010-2019)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andy Ruiz is a symbol for all underdogs!

Don’t got the stomach to be great? Grab a Snickers,
    Official snack of the first Mexican heavyweight champ Andy Ruiz jr!

Comment

Mexico has been dominating and producing all time greats for decades now this is nothing new their dominance can be traced as far back as the 40-50,s and it just kept getting stronger.

Even though Mexicans love soccer too they’ve never been the best at it but in boxing they’ve been the best for decades now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        Yeah, we all know that blackamerican boxing and mexican boxing are the two biggest powerhouses of boxing…

Mexican boxing is this late decade:

Wins against:

Pacquiao, Joshua, Lomachenko, GGG, Yamanaka, Rungvisai, Cotto, Viloria, Jacobs, Dogboe.

A lot of fight of the years.

The biggest K.O in boxing history: Marquez vs Pacquiao IV

A lot of champions (actually more of the 8), achievements, big wins, big fighters.

And all this withoud support of the government.

Yeah, and a lot of hate of some people…

Respect to this humble Warriors that always brings fun to this sport.

You're a OTT dude with the nationalism to my mind - ain't really necessary to sleight other nations and cultures to celebrate your own - but there is plenty to be happy about if you're a fan of Mexican boxing and boxers...

You should embed some videos of the great Mexican wins and fighters of this decade though... turn the thread into a bit of a showcase or reminder of just what makes Mexican boxing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          You're a OTT dude with the nationalism to my mind - ain't really necessary to sleight other nations and cultures to celebrate your own - but there is plenty to be happy about if you're a fan of Mexican boxing and boxers...

You should embed some videos of the great Mexican wins and fighters of this decade though... turn the thread into a bit of a showcase or reminder of just what makes Mexican boxing special.

I'm not nationalist.

It's the truth, man.

Black fighters and mexican fighters have the best achievements, more consistency, more belts, titles, quantity and quality.

There are other good fighters from other countries but they does not have more achievements and history.

It's like Brazil and Germany in soccer...

It's stup.id, just because i'm mexican I can't Say this?

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Mexico has been dominating and producing all time greats for decades now this is nothing new their dominance can be traced as far back as the 40-50,s and it just kept getting stronger.

Even though Mexicans love soccer too they’ve never been the best at it but in boxing they’ve been the best for decades now.

Exactly.

Since 1940...

But the international media never said anything about this

México has like more of 170 champions of the world or 200 counting méxicanamericans.

Thats a tremendous number...

And they does not have much love for the people (they are soccer Lovers) and government, they are corrupts.

But look that guy Soto, he is a good example of the mexican Warriors and how they are pure heart.

Comment

The steroid age.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                I'm not nationalist.

It's the truth, man.

Black fighters and mexican fighters have the best achievements, more consistency, more belts, titles, quantity and quality.

There are other good fighters from other countries but they does not have more achievements and history.

It's like Brazil and Germany in soccer...

It's stup.id, just because i'm mexican I can't Say this?
                It's not wrong, of course both Mexico and the US (predominantly represented by Black fighters since the colour line was broken down) have the most storied and greatest achievements in the sport... they have by far the most boxers currently and historically both in absolute numbers and per capita competing in the pro sport, so that is only to be expected.

Like I say, nothing wrong with taking pride in that, it's the underlying suggestion that it's some intrinsic superiority that troubles me a little.... I mean hell - the lil old UK had something like 15 titlists a few years back (even though most of 'em were kinda pants) and with about half the number of boxers in the sport as Mexico, or you got Ukraine with a mere 200 or so pro fighters and 2 current top P4Pers despite no history in the pro sport whatsoever prior to the Klitschkos.

Humans are humans, man, wherever they come from - give 'em the same opportunities (or lack thereof) and the same incentives and they'll achieve on much the same level at any endeavor. Like I say, nothing wrong in taking pride in the achievements of your countrymen if that is how you roll, but I have noticed you aiming disparaging comments at other nationalities in the past and there does seem to be at least a flavour of that in this thread. All I was saying is that it ain't necessary to disparage others to celebrate your own.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-22-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X