No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor vs todays LWW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamBamLeutyooo View Post
    He is one of my favourite fighters ever. The division is full of talent but most have questionable chins. Would love to see him against maidana.
    I definitely think he would put Maidana to sleep. If you cant counter punch against Pryor then you're out of luck. I say Khan gives him the best go but gets caught in the mid rounds. Too much stamina for Judah. Bradley gets up off the floor a few times to lose a decision.

Comment

"Howard Davis Jr apparently turned down £250000 to fight Aaron Pryor."
      "Totally understandable. A quarter of a million dollars is not worth your health."

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i think he beats them all probably without a ton of fuss. he'd knock amir khan out after beating the living **** out of him. he boxed at full tilt there's just no way tim bradley wins a decision against him. he'd make him look like wasn't even punching at 47 i've gone on the record saying that i think floyd mayweather beats aaron pryor and i'm sticking with it. i think he'd find a way to slow his roll and pick him off before tying him up with his bigger stronger body. i'm not comparing the two fighters, but i think he'd fight similarly to his fight with hatton, without the late round surge when ricky started to wear down. i think he beats manny pacquiao as well, in a foty type battle. maybe even a split decision depending on what the judges liked, volume or pure power. both guys would land. maybe even go down. but i wouldn't put my money on it. i've learned my lesson. don't bet against pacquiao haha!
        I lean towards Aaron over PBF, SLIGHTLY. I wont argue his case too strongly as im not 100% behind the idea myself but his sheer volume, insistance and intesity could mess with Mayweathers smoothness and rythem. Hatton did ok early, he couldnt hold a candle to The Hawk. Pryor threw so much more than Ricky and i think thats big vs Floyd, his lack of stellar jab is a worry tho.

Pacquaio? Fight of the century and its anyones.....

Comment

I think he beats everyone at 140 and I would lean on Floyd and Pac to beat him at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I think he beats everyone at 140 and I would lean on Floyd and Pac to beat him at 147.
            agree with this although i think he could beat pac

Comment

I think Floyd would beat him at welterweight probably. just a bad style matchup for Pryor I think.

but pryor runs over anyone else no doubt

Comment

He walks through the 140lb division with ease,Khan is the no.1 there imo and he wouldnt have a hope in hell

At 147 id favour Floyd slightly and Pac would be a 50/50 fight for me

Comment

hell yeah, Pryor cleans up todays jwws. I make him even money against Pac and Mayweather as well.
                  Last edited by JAB5239; 06-14-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

If youre counting Pacquiao as a potential 140lb fight, then I have no doubt at all that Pryor gets toasted in that fight.

however, Pryor would be all wrong for Khan and would run through him.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                      If youre counting Pacquiao as a potential 140lb fight, then I have no doubt at all that Pryor gets toasted in that fight.

however, Pryor would be all wrong for Khan and would run through him.

manny was a beast at 140 against hatton, but that's his only fight at the 140 limit.

he's weighed at or around 140 for many of his fights, but he doesn't have a lengthy tenure at 140

now, with that said, i believe manny's best weight today would be 140 if you want to fully take advantage of his physical abilities in terms of his speed, size, and punching power. his fight with hatton and his fight with de la hoya are the best i've ever seen him look, and he was 138 and 142 respectively weighing in for those fights, probably walking in to the ring at around 145ish in each

but toasted?

isn't that a little harsh when talking about a man who is one of the best ever at 140 lbs?
                      Last edited by New England; 06-15-2011, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X