Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
    LOL tough break with the Verdejo fight :/
    Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    time to take all that verdejo shit down playa, its over.
    i did say he cant mess around

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      i did say he cant mess around
      Lol why u take it down? U gotta stick by your dude!

Comment

thought it was more like 6 seconds. those 5-6 seconds could have been the difference between life and death.

5 seconds is a long time when you're out on your feet and the other man is landing shots on you like that.

I'm tired of this "he should have just let him go on so he could have won." NO - it doesn't matter if there's two minutes left, or two seconds left. A stoppage should happen when the fighter can no longer continue.

Here, he couldn't continue.
        Ive made this point before, Mosely was able to KO Mayorga with 5 seconds left when the ref motioned for them to continue fighting. When Steele stopped the fight, there was about 5 seconds left on the clock. The timekeeper stopped it a few seconds afte the fact if I remember correctly. Had he motioned them to continue, Chavez could have gotten in another crack exactly like Mosely did.

Comment

The ref isnt responsible for the clock. There is a time keeper that rings the bell.

The ref evaluates the fighters on their condition and if they are able to continue fighting safely. The ref doesnt rule if there is enough time left in the fight for them or not.

Its pretty ****ing simple. Taylor couldnt safely continue. He didnt even know WTF the ref was saying to him when he asked him if he was OK. Obviously that means he is not OK and its the ref's job to stop the fight and protect him.

Comment

Hahahah yeah Chavez is a millionaire and hero, taylor is a broke ass dude who can't even talk right.

but still, if not for Steele, taylor would be dead and not even be alive.

I remember you, and you're a biased poster against all non-blacks.

black dude got pummeled. oh, he even got a chance at a rematch! OWNED.

DEAL WITH IT... boy
            Lmao....u don't remember cuz i dont act like most of these idiots/racist/fanboys

Dats yall problem...u bringing race up. Why??

Comment

Suprised there is not more controversy about the corner’s instruction to Taylor to try to win the last round instead of stay away. That seems like a much worse judgment than Steele’s in stopping the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                Taylor's lucky the fight wasn't 15 rounds, or he might have died.

No joke, very true.

Just like that South Korean dude died and the WBC ended up changing the rules, making 12 round fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
                  He was asked twice, “are you ok?”. He never answered. He didn’t deserve anything more than what any other fighter gets.
                  Not only did he not answer but he was wobbly and holding on to the ropes...

Comment

Working...
                  X