No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael ~vs~ Spike Sullivan Twitter War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Yeah this fat guy can't criticise Spike for turning down "By far his biggest payday and a title shot" then in the same breathe try to back Wilder for turning down his biggest payday and a chance to be undisputed. He sounds like a hypocrite.

one fight is the biggest in boxing with one guy being cash cow in england but another having a huge upside as an american HW with a higher ceiling, the other is a tune up where osullivan draws next to nothign.

surely you see why those are different, right?

i don't think it was a bad payday if he couldmake weight, but the two things are very different. wilder is going to have to get a purse split in the joshua fight. the osullivan's of the world get a flat fee, and 400 is not a lowball at all really.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      I remember when I was young, me and the boys would take the trolley to the fights. It would cost us a nickel for the ride and another nickel for the fights. We would wave at all the girls and wolf whistle at them. When we would get to the arena we would watch poundin Jimmy O'Brien fight Sugar Ray Donaldson. They fought against each other 11 times before and each time it got even better. The crowds were huge and uncontrollable. The fight lasted 47 rounds in the sweltering heat. 17 people were crushed to death in the crowd and another 60 died of heat stroke. It was a glorious day.
      Damn now that you put it that way, definitely DOES sound a lot better!

Hahah what great imagery! I literally pictured myself there that day!!

Comment

• Dan is completely right though.

Spike isn't good, hasn't deserved anything, for him to get a 400k check on the big stage for doing nothing is a damn good deal, especially after begging for the fight on Twitter like a thirst hoe.

Spike could lose to a bum and make pennies. It's not like he's good enough to just cruise and make easy pay checks until he gets a big fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          Dan is completely right though.

Spike isn't good, hasn't deserved anything, for him to get a 400k check on the big stage for doing nothing is a damn good deal, especially after begging for the fight on Twitter like a thirst hoe.

Spike could lose to a bum and make pennies. It's not like he's good enough to just cruise and make easy pay checks until he gets a big fight.
          Obviously they thought he deserved guaranteed 800k..

The point is, Spike din du nuffinz and shouldn't have been the object and Fat Dan's attempt to bring vitriol to him..

All he did was say "sorry I agreed to different terms; thanks but I'm out.."

And he IS good enough to cruise and wait for a big fight. He's only lost to Eubank Jr. and Saunders. He can definitely feast cruising for 5 months, 8 months, or a year and he'll get another title shot, and this time likely worth more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cheek busting View Post
            Obviously they thought he deserved guaranteed 800k..

The point is, Spike din du nuffinz and shouldn't have been the object and Fat Dan's attempt to bring vitriol to him..

All he did was say "sorry I agreed to different terms; thanks but I'm out.."

And he IS good enough to cruise and wait for a big fight. He's only lost to Eubank Jr. and Saunders. He can definitely feast cruising for 5 months, 8 months, or a year and he'll get another title shot, and this time likely worth more money.
            Who has he beat to be deserving of a big fight and 800k?

Comment

• lol no one respects Dan Rafael.

Comment

• The truth hurts sometimes. I like Spike and his style but Dan is spot on. And those criticizing Dan should take a long look in the mirror. A bunch of arm chair QB's should have zero to say. Bunch of fkn hypocrites.

Comment

• Listen folks , Rafael was right
                  Don’t talk like you want the fight and are ready than balk at 400 K. Spike was training, take the fight, how many times in boxing history is a late replacement that gets a big fight with the campion or the Heavy Favorite and win or put up a good enough showing to get another big Tv fight and a pay day. Who the hell is spike O’Sullivan

Comment

• so he didn't dispute anything rafael said just made fat jokes? if someone who wasn't fat said it would he have any comeback?

Comment

• Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      Who has he beat to be deserving of a big fight and 800k?
                      Never said he was deserving of it - but the fact is he was OFFERED it.

He agreed to it. Later they said "sorry, only 400k and no ppv."

He then said "thanks, but no thanks."

What is wrong, or deserving of criticism for that?

And while he may not "deserve" a big fight with that type of money, the fact is, that he is a very desirable B-side opponent for many of the top dogs because of his fan-friendly style, respectable record (only losses two Eubank and Saunders), and he's been on a nice winning streak, recently destroying Antoine Douglas (who once was a blue chip prospect before that Georgian mafia midget destroyed him)

So the possibility that he'll snag a fight with a pay-tag of around 800k with a title shot in the next 8-11 months is very possible.

Why not fight a respectable up and comer with a 13-1 record, pocket a cool 80-130k for it, and then get your money fight later this year, or early next year?

Again, if he signed and agreed to 400k, and then pulled out, he would deserve the vitriol Fat Dan tried to bring his way with the underhand slick tweet.

Comment

Working...
                      X