No announcement yet.

Spring Break = Good or Bad Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Break = Good or Bad Sparring

Now that im on spring break i was thinkning...

if i were to get up and run early then go back to sleep later....

and go to the gym fresh wiht around 10 hours of sleep

would i be getting enough rest to sparr every otehr day???mondaytuesday thursday friday

plenty....

Comment

Don't overcomplicate things, man. Bottom line, rest is more important then training.

I don't think you should be asking this question anyways., the bottom line is, you gotta spar and you gotta learn technique above everything else. You can run, do pushups, lift weights, plyo's, tibad intervals etc. but if you're not learning the proper tools in the gym then it's all pointless.

You'll be conditioned but you won't be a great boxer, which, ultimately is what you want to be right?

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'
        Don't overcomplicate things, man. Bottom line, rest is more important then training.

I don't think you should be asking this question anyways., the bottom line is, you gotta spar and you gotta learn technique above everything else. You can run, do pushups, lift weights, plyo's, tibad intervals etc. but if you're not learning the proper tools in the gym then it's all pointless.

You'll be conditioned but you won't be a great boxer, which, ultimately is what you want to be right?
        Pretty much what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by AKB
          Pretty much what he said.
          2nd that...

Comment

No, but seriously what I said holds true. Many people in sports in general overcomplicate working out and the effect it has on the sport they are playing. I used to be the same way.

You get better at boxing from getting more experienced, just as you do in any other sport. Conditioning outside of boxing will help, but the real conditioning is going old school and gaining the experience of sparring. It's the only way. Experience is the key in all sports.

Comment

what i mean is...i sparr almost everyday and usually the day after i spar real well..im tired the next fday..and usually do horrible...then the next day alright..then the next day alright...

i was jsut wondering if i were to rest more....

would i be able to sparr everyday with a great amount of energy....

Comment

Working...
              X