Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your "must have" apps for android?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] What are your "must have" apps for android?

Share what kinda cool shiyet you can do with them!

and whats this ice cream sandwich thing? i got the S3 btw

ICS is an update from Gingerbread which was the older firmware. You stuff like unlocking your phone with your face, holding the home button and being able to go on existing apps, task manager or closing certain apps that way through swiping the screen. It looks a bit better as well and maybe theres a few small changes on top of that as well.

I HAVE to have the Watsapp and Facebook apps, Twitter, Juice Defender, Torch and everything is just extra.

Comment

Data ON-OFF= basically a widget toggle to turn off your data when u won't be using your phone so it doesn't eat any battery when you're in areas that u don't get good service.

My data manager=basically tells you how much data u have used in your billing cycle.

Flash player=ummm, yeah its flash.

Bbc+sky news= self explanatory

F1 news= same as above

Seesmic=a 3rd party twitter app. I use it cuz the raccoon is cute.

Soccer livescores=football scores.

Flixster=movie times.

Realcalc= a good calculator

Flipboard=dunno how to explain but it's badass. I think it might come pre installed.

Comment

Originally posted by RICH SPANIARD. View Post
        Data ON-OFF= basically a widget toggle to turn off your data when u won't be using your phone so it doesn't eat any battery when you're in areas that u don't get good service.

My data manager=basically tells you how much data u have used in your billing cycle.

Flash player=ummm, yeah its flash.

Bbc+sky news= self explanatory

F1 news= same as above

Seesmic=a 3rd party twitter app. I use it cuz the raccoon is cute.

Soccer livescores=football scores.

Flixster=movie times.

Realcalc= a good calculator

Flipboard=dunno how to explain but it's badass. I think it might come pre installed.
        You can get flash player on Android? I been searching for ages.

Comment

SwiftKey 3 is good. It replaces the stock keyboard. There's a 30 day trial for it so u can test it out if u like it or not. I bought it on my first day.

Try out either Nova, Go, or Apex launcher.

I use Nova but the others are good and it's personal preference. It replaces touchwiz do you can add or take out as many pages u want, dock scroll, scrolling effects, resize icons, touch effects, and other ****.

I highly recommend it.

To make you phone load faster through different apps when hitting he home button go to S voice and uncheck "Launch S Voice" which is the setting to launch a voice by hitting the home key twice.

Then go to system settings>developer option>and go into Window and transition animation scale and put them both to ".5x"

Your phone should now launch windows and other **** as fast as possible now. By default it should be at like "1x" but ".5x" is the fastest.

Widget locker is nice to change you lock screen as well.

Comment

Check out Barrel. That tweak is cool. It's basically an animation of your apps when you switch between home screen pages. I have it on my iPhone but I saw a video that shows you how to get it on a droid.

Looks laggy as fuck on his phone but his phone looks kind of old. Nothing super special, just a cool little tweak.

Comment

Originally posted by *Stannis* View Post
              You can get flash player on Android? I been searching for ages.
              Type flash player on the play store and it'll be the first one.

Adobe flash player 11 I think it is.

Great for watching WSHH.

Comment

whatsapp messenger is the best thing ever.

Comment

If you do any running then Endomondo is a great app, I use it all the time. But basically for almost anything you require, there will be an app for it, just have a look. For example, I always used to borrow my brother's guitar tuner - had a look on Google Play and found an app that turns your phone into a guitar tuner which is useful.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    Check out Barrel. That tweak is cool. It's basically an animation of your apps when you switch between home screen pages. I have it on my iPhone but I saw a video that shows you how to get it on a droid.

Looks laggy as fuck on his phone but his phone looks kind of old. Nothing super special, just a cool little tweak.
                    Vortex is dope, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                    X