Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Kelly Pavlik vs Gennady Golovkin: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what to think...Just wait..

Comment

This is a superb matchup. I honestly don't know who wins

Comment

gotta go with the ghost ,,he was a beast and had some better comp

double jab right hand pavlik stops his ass

and i love ggg

Comment

American's voting for their own, what else is new...

Comment

Oh lord, why did it come down to choosing between my sig an avy?

Today I say Pavlik. But tomorrow I could say GGG..

But Pavlik is incredibly underrated.. but for a good reason. He tarnished his own career. Shot himself in the foot by moving up to fight Hopkins. And had lack-luster performances against otherwise easy comp.

If Pavlik can go to war, stand toe-to-toe with a prime Miranda, eat all those right hands and STILL press forward engaging in the action without getting hurt? I don't know how GGG would react. Granted, GGG is not Miranda haha.. But Pavlik's chin is much more proven.

Pavlik at one time had an outstanding, thudding jab. He was superb at body-punching when he actually did it. And did great great work in combination punching. Not to mention his mental fortitude won him fights by allowing consistency.

But take what I say with a grain of salt, because I'm clearly fans of both guys..

Comment

Originally posted by matrixskillz View Post
              Is this a joke thread? GGG and it's not even close.
              Probably is a joke, its like saying Adonis or Kovalev vs prime Pavlik...
              Really dumb, we all know Pavlik was never any good when someone could bring it back to him.

You don't systematically get shut down by B-hop and expect to beat guys like GGG, Adonis or Kovalev.

Comment

It would be a brutal war but I think the middle rounds would see Pavlik getting hit by more shots than he's dishing out and either losing 8-4 on the cards or getting stopped late.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  I'm American and I picked GGG. I liked Pavlik but I think he would be destroyed by GGG. If Pavlik opened up (which he would) I don't see this going 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                    Lmao... Least I'm not the only one thinking that, you have to look past bias before you can make a good judgement.

Taylor was a good win for Kelly but even at that If you're to ask who is the better boxer between the two its JT...
                    Ooo **** what have I done!!

Inb4 what If Jermain Taylor had a good chin and fought prime GGG....

Comment

Uhhh, Pavlik

Comment

Working...
                      X