No announcement yet.

first boxing gym

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first boxing gym

im going to sign up at the local boxing gym for the first time on thursday...
    is there any gear i should get while i am waiting to get cleared by usa boxing? gloves...mouth guard...low blow guard...head gear...etc...
    im kinda on a budget..so whats the most important gear in the beginning..
    thank you very much for your advice!!

What do you mean cleared by USA boxing. You mean a medical for sparring and your card?

Just show up. Chances are you won't be sparring for a while if you have any sort of decent coaching. They'll help guide you with what you need as you need it.

Comment

gloves for bags
      gloves for sparring
      mouth guard
      hand wraps
      skipping rope

when you start sparring you'll need head gear and something to protect your nuts if you need it

but talk to your trainer, he will let you know

Comment

oh and save up for a custom made mouth guard, those cheap ones are nasty

Comment

Yea if it's your first time in a gym, gloves and hand wraps should do the trick if your on a budget. You can get some nice shoes and sparring gear later.

Comment

and cross trainers or sand shoes or something, not runners cause you can't twist. i boxed barefeet for awhile but supposedly that isn't cool.

Comment

cool cool...
              so gloves
              hand wraps
              and cross trainers...
              and yeah i was talking about getting my card...
              i went there a while back and they said that they dont let people train there unless they have been cleard by usa boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by laurinsane8 View Post
                Yea if it's your first time in a gym, gloves and hand wraps should do the trick if your on a budget. You can get some nice shoes and sparring gear later.
                hey your website is pretty awsome...i have been wandering about plyometrics for a long time now..lol...thanks for the info!!

Comment

just get handwraps for now and wait for your coach to tell u to get the rest

U should not need anything else at least for a bit

Comment

Working...
                  X