No announcement yet.

Rest Heart rate Training

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rest Heart rate Training

What are some exercises you can do to help build your rest hear rate up? What can you do to help you get back more when you are sitting in the corner between rounds?

Thanks.

resting heart rate is a factor of endurance ... as u train your heart becomes more efficient so it doesn't need to beat as fast and it recovers faster

Comment

also meditation if you are always nervous around people or in certain situations your heart will pound fast.
      its also mental cause some people who are fit get fast heart rate when they get nervous like driving, going in front of an audience etc.

if you get adjusted it goes away as you get normal with it.

Comment

I heard blowing on your thumb reduces your heart rate
        Try it

Comment

The speed at which your heart rate returns to normal is one of the key measurements of physical fitness. Sprinting, jumping rope in sprints (30 seconds of doubles, 60 seconds normal, 30 seconds high knees, 60 seconds normal, etc.), burpees, will all affect your resting heart rate eventually. You need to do a lot of them.

My RHR went from 75 to 49 in the first 8 months I was boxing. But then, I trained my ass off. It's still around 50. And it takes me only a few minutes to get my heart rate down after working out.

Comment

Quick question: As a new amateur boxer, is running 2-3 miles a day not enough?

Comment

it is key that your heart rate drops quick during rest brakes. I have the advantage that mine can drop quick to normal in a minute to 2 max. It helps me recuperate faster and go longer. Control your breathing is one, i do a lot of HIT (high intensity training), my usual one on one with the trainer is non stop for 2 min. with 30 sec rest (8 x) by taking short brakes you can train your heart rate to drop fast. For cardio i do elliptical workout on the highest maximum setting for 15 min straight. This HIT is for 15 min and it is really one of the hardest to do. Or go for high intensity interval training. (HIIT) 60 sec run (as in al out), 30 sec walk, run, walk. Do that for 12-15 min. That will do the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X