Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hopkins ever go back to the projects?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    Yeah they let him back Cuz the boys knew Joe bought coke off them before the fight so they gave BHOP a pass. Seeing as he was coked up during the fight. Plus Bernard won the fight and Joe got the decision. The hood knows you can't win a fight with sissy slaps.

I don't really care how you saw the fight, Calzaghe got the decision and that's how history will see it.

This sounds like a load of bull****, if you're not going to come up with a serious response, don't waste time on my thread

Comment

sergiomaravilla, i strongly doubt, that bernard hopkins, got his hood pass in North Philly totally revoked, in the split decision loss to joe calzaghe, based on how he lost, and the fact that bernard hopkins, never was seriously hurt in the fight, knocked down, or knocked out...sergiomaravilla, its always in the best interest of safety, even for a straight up former strong arm stick up kid like bernard hopkins, not to hang in the hood too long or at the wrong time of night, not because of how he won or lost a fight, but strictly based on his celebrity status...

Comment

Originally posted by SergioMaravilla View Post
        In the build up to the Hopkins fight, Bernard said 'I could never go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me'. I remember being shocked at the time, it was very controversial. Calzaghe got the decision and that's history, I was wondering if Bernard has been back to the projects since? It was a big deal at the time, using race to hype a fight, it was reminiscent of Holmes-Cooney, Frazier-Ali.
        The hood thought Hop won like everyone else did.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
          sergiomaravilla, i strongly doubt, that bernard hopkins, got his hood pass in North Philly totally revoked, in the split decision loss to joe calzaghe, based on how he lost, and the fact that bernard hopkins, never was seriously hurt in the fight, knocked down, or knocked out...sergiomaravilla, its always in the best interest of safety, even for a straight up former strong arm stick up kid like bernard hopkins, not to hang in the hood too long or at the wrong time of night, not because of how he won or lost a fight, but strictly based on his celebrity status...
          Well said!

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            Yeah they let him back Cuz the boys knew Joe bought coke off them before the fight so they gave BHOP a pass. Seeing as he was coked up during the fight. Plus Bernard won the fight and Joe got the decision. The hood knows you can't win a fight with sissy slaps.
            Lmao........

Comment

It's not just that Hopkins would lose respect, but he himself said 'I could never go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me', that was personal pride on the line, and he lost

Comment

It's not just that Hopkins would lose respect, but he himself said 'I could never go back to the projects if I let a white boy beat me', that was personal pride on the line, and he lost

sergiomaravilla, i'm quite sure, that the "projects" saw the fight, between bernard hopkins and joe calzaghe, the same way bernard hopkins saw it...a fight in which the judges got wrong on the scorecards, because bernard hopkins, kept it real, and fought his philly style of fighting, even scored a knockdown on joe calzaghe, in the first or second round...meaning, joe calzaghe, although getting the decision and being white, still didn't whoop his azz...or as we sometimes say, its all good, in the hood...lol

Comment

The fact he lost wasn't so bad

The theatrical rolling around on the floor faking a low blow because he was gassed was quite embarrassing for a "g" though

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    The theatrical rolling around on the floor faking a low blow because he was gassed was quite embarrassing for a "g" though
                    earl hickey, i must admit, that part of bernard hopkins actions, would be met with some resistance in North Philly, at the local bodega, or muslim chicken shack, at 2 am...lol... but seriously earl hickey, i travel to different parts of philadelphia, pa, for business and personal reasons, and bernard hopkins, is a legend there, up there with rocky, and joe frazier...a lot of people i talk to, saw the fight as a robbery, and excuse the theatrical part...

Comment

After having been beaten by a white boy

If so, how was he received?

Comment

Working...
                      X