Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adamek vs Cunningham II was a RAZOR CLOSE drawish kind of fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
    I just finished watching Adamek vs Cunningham II, cause I didn't have time yesterday. But I checked boxingscene yesterday and saw how everybody said it was a clear robbery and at least a 8 rounds to 4 victory for Cunningham.
    Now after scoring the fight, I have to strongly disagree with the opinion of most pple here. Because the fight was RAZOR CLOSE from start to finish and I scored it for Cunningham by only 1 point and I can see a draw as well.
    I gave Adamek rounds 5,6,8 and 9
    I gave Cunningham rounds 2,3,4,10 and 12
    I scored rounds 1,7 and 11 a draw.

I agree though that the fact that Michael Buffer announced the fight as a draw at first and then changed it to an Adamek win was very shady to say the least.
    That being said, it was a very close fight and Cunningham might have edged it. And I remember one thing during watching the NBC broadcast: at the beginning of the 12th round commentator Freddie Roach said he has it dead even and that the winner of this (last) round wins the fight. I looked on my scorecard and I had it exactly the same: 4 rounds each with 3 rounds even and then I felt Cunningham edged the last round.

So no way was it a "robbery" or "at least a 8 rounds to 4" win for Cunningham.
    Excellent post.

Like yourself, I can look at it objectively because I'm neither American nor Polish.

It was a CLOSE fight, definitely not a robbery.

Interesting how media people like Dan Rafael scored it close 115-113 yet are whining and crying about a "robbery".

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Excellent post.

Like yourself, I can look at it objectively because I'm neither American nor Polish.

It was a CLOSE fight, definitely not a robbery.

Interesting how media people like Dan Rafael scored it close 115-113 yet are whining and crying about a "robbery".
      I am also not american and not polish and I really don't care about both Adamek and Cunningham (I don't mean that disrespectful though).
      I just watched the fight and scored it how I saw it. It wasn't a robbery at all.
      Overall it felt like a draw even though I scored it for Cunningham by 1 point.
      Some pple here make it look like Cunningham outboxed and almost outclassed Adamek. Are you kidding me?
      Razor close fight

Comment

I know I am in the minority but I have no problem with Adamek winning. Cunningham fought almost the whole fight backing up and at times running. He landed lots of jabs but Adamek landed more power punches and harder punches and he took the fight to Cunningham. If Adamek had fought like Cunningham there would have been no fight.

Comment

Even Kalle Sauerland says that Cunningham won.

Comment

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
            I just finished watching Adamek vs Cunningham II, cause I didn't have time yesterday. But I checked boxingscene yesterday and saw how everybody said it was a clear robbery and at least a 8 rounds to 4 victory for Cunningham.
            Now after scoring the fight, I have to strongly disagree with the opinion of most pple here. Because the fight was RAZOR CLOSE from start to finish and I scored it for Cunningham by only 1 point and I can see a draw as well.
            I gave Adamek rounds 5,6,8 and 9
            I gave Cunningham rounds 2,3,4,10 and 12
            I scored rounds 1,7 and 11 a draw.

I agree though that the fact that Michael Buffer announced the fight as a draw at first and then changed it to an Adamek win was very shady to say the least.
            That being said, it was a very close fight and Cunningham might have edged it. And I remember one thing during watching the NBC broadcast: at the beginning of the 12th round commentator Freddie Roach said he has it dead even and that the winner of this (last) round wins the fight. I looked on my scorecard and I had it exactly the same: 4 rounds each with 3 rounds even and then I felt Cunningham edged the last round.

So no way was it a "robbery" or "at least a 8 rounds to 4" win for Cunningham.
            Cunningham boxed very well and the fight was close but I can see how the judges gave it to Adamek. There were times when Cunningham was borderline running from Adamek. I went from rooting for Cunningham to rooting for Adamek to knock him down at least once.

Comment

Judges decide who win, and they chose the real winner.

Comment

Working...
              X