No announcement yet.

Alan Minter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Minter

What kind of boxer and what kind of person was he? I haven't seen much fights with him or read much of his statements, I read the one after the first Antuofermo fight where he sounded a bit cocky and arrogant. I also heard the National Front, the right-wing party of UK, had an interest in him after he became a champion. Was he ever a member?

I met Alan Minter just over 2 years ago in my home town along with Mike Tyson, Chris Eubank and Ken Buchanan.

He seemed like a nice guy from the very breif time I spoke to him.

Mind you, he was the only one out of the four that came into the V.I.P room and stood around like a normal guy for extended periods and let people get pictures with him on their phones etc. So that was cool.

I asked him about the whole Marvin Hagler situation but he refused to speak on it. He said he was embarrassed about the whole thing.

We spoke briefly about his career also. He said Hagler is by far the stongest man he went up against.

Don't know about the whole Right Wing party thing. Never heard anything about that.

But yeah, he seemed like a nice guy from my talk with him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I met Alan Minter just over 2 years ago in my home town along with Mike Tyson, Chris Eubank and Ken Buchanan.

He seemed like a nice guy from the very breif time I spoke to him.

Mind you, he was the only one out of the four that came into the V.I.P room and stood around like a normal guy for extended periods and let people get pictures with him on their phones etc. So that was cool.

I asked him about the whole Marvin Hagler situation but he refused to speak on it. He said he was embarrassed about the whole thing.

We spoke briefly about his career also. He said Hagler is by far the stongest man he went up against.

Don't know about the whole Right Wing party thing. Never heard anything about that.

But yeah, he seemed like a nice guy from my talk with him.
      I think the National Front wanted to use him as a symbol of the Aryan fighter, but I don't think he ever went along with that. Was just wondering if anyone knew anything about this situation.

Comment

he's lucky he only had to fight the pretty good Hagler and not the great McCallum! Just kidding ya Past! I only saw him fight Hagler and well you know what happened.

Comment

Minter ducked McCallum.

Comment

Working...
          X