Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do fighters become "worthy" to fight Pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

threads like this would have no effect against pacfans, but a little flame war is enjoyable both sides.

the only way they would get effected negatively is if Pac loses, whoever the opponent may be.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
      you are stupid enough to believe this.
      The combination of being a hater and an idiot is why you cant agree with my post..
      Last edited by mikemurni; 01-09-2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
        to make it a fair fight...the bigger fighter moves down, the smaller fighter moves up.. Thus the catchweight
        I did.. And that fight was very much a fair fight for both fighters..In fact Cotto had the upperhand because he only needs to move down to 1 lb from his last weigh-in while Pac needed to move up 7 lbs...
        So what ur saying is to make the fight fair,a welterweight has to have a catchweight stipulation to fight Pacman at welterweight??If Pacman was too small for the weight,why fight there??He fought Clottey at 147,do U know why??Because his team knew that he couldn't possibly lose to a fighter that only throws 10 punches a round.But Cotto was perceived as more dangerous,that's why they wanted the catchweight.There wouldn't have been any room to criticize had he simply fought him at 147.3 championship fights above 140 & 2 were at catchweights,advantage Pacman.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
          So what ur saying is to make the fight fair,a welterweight has to have a catchweight stipulation to fight Pacman at welterweight??If Pacman was too small for the weight,why fight there??He fought Clottey at 147,do U know why??Because his team knew that he couldn't possibly lose to a fighter that only throws 10 punches a round.But Cotto was perceived as more dangerous,that's why they wanted the catchweight.There wouldn't have been any room to criticize had he simply fought him at 147.3 championship fights above 140 & 2 were at catchweights,advantage Pacman.
          Before he fought Cotto when was the last time that Pac fought at WW? And where did he came from? He had only 1 fight at WW against a dehydrated fighter plus one fight at Jr WW. He also only had one fight at LW. The rest of his career were fought at FW and SFW where he was the lineal champ...

Why did he fight Cotto even though he was a smaller fighter??. Well because other than Hatton, there was no money fight available for him at LWW.. Thus he had to move up...

And before you complain about Clottey.. Clottey was the guy who almost beat Cotto.. So its really not accurate to say that he only throws 10 punches per round.. They were not saying that after the Cotto fight...
          Last edited by mikemurni; 01-09-2011, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Before he fought Cotto when was the last time that Pac fought at WW? And where did he came from? He had only 1 fight at WW against a dehydrated fighter plus one fight at Jr WW. He also only had one fight at LW. The rest of his career were fought at FW and SFW where he was the lineal champ...

Why did he fight Cotto even though he was a smaller fighter??. Well because other than Hatton, there was no money fight available for him at LWW.. Thus he had to move up...

And before you complain about Clottey.. Clottey was the guy who almost beat Cotto.. So to say that he only throws 10 punches per round.. They were not saying the same after the Cotto fight...
            Well FYI,I think Clottey beat Cotto.Hatton was the best fighter at lww at the time & I give Pacman all the credit in the world for that fight.But he dominated him,after he already fought at welterweight.So it is rather easy to see that he could fight at those weights,he needed an advantage to fight Cotto that's why the catchweight was stipulated,there is no other reason they wouldn't fight him at 147.But just to make things clear,I think Pacman would have beaten Cotto at 147 anyway,but his team obviously wasn't sure of that,hence the 145 stipulation,period.

Comment

Originally posted by Di Bushbaby View Post
              Well FYI,I think Clottey beat Cotto.Hatton was the best fighter at lww at the time & I give Pacman all the credit in the world for that fight.But he dominated him,after he already fought at welterweight.So it is rather easy to see that he could fight at those weights,he needed an advantage to fight Cotto that's why the catchweight was stipulated,there is no other reason they wouldn't fight him at 147.But just to make things clear,I think Pacman would have beaten Cotto at 147 anyway,but his team obviously wasn't sure of that,hence the 145 stipulation,period.

One win over a LWW does not guarantee that he was ready to move up at WW especially against one of the top fighter in that division..Most fighters would move up in weight and fight a tune-up to test their punch resistance on that weight. Pac took a different direction and took a fight against one of the best fighters at WW. Not to mention one of its biggest punchers..
              Last edited by mikemurni; 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

When do fighters become "worthy" to fight Pacman?

Easy, when you start to decline in your fights previous to his.

JK. At this point you are "worthy" by being a good ppv attraction.

Comment

Working...
                X