Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: US Customs Strip Malinga of His Traditional Zulu Regalia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: US Customs Strip Malinga of His Traditional Zulu Regalia

THE devotion of the Malinga family to the traditional Zulu culture has come to haunt them in their son Vusi Malinga’s biggest fight when he was forced to take off his Zulu bracelet better known as Isiphandla and his fighting gear on landing at Los Angeles, US on Sunday.

Malinga (24-3-1, 12 KOSs) who is of royal Zulu blood, will battle for the vacant IBF bantamweight title against unbeaten Mexican prospect Leo Santa Cruz (19-0-1, 11 Kos) in a Showtime televised quadruple tournament featuring three other world title fights at Home Depot Centre, Carson, California, US on Saturday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

wait, they gave him grief for a bracelet?

what a bunch of pricks

Comment

whats the problem its just a piece of goat skin

Comment

Strange but anyways have heard alot off talk on here about Santa Cruz but he is really being handed this title.Malinga has only fought twice in over three years since Hasegawa destroyed him in his only other title fight

Comment

Having had much grief from American customs & immigration over the years I know what pricks they can be (as can any bureaucrat).

But a decent manager would have sorted this out with them in advance.

Comment

and santa cruz will strip him of his title

Comment

This seems nonsense. It's some form of animal skin bracelet. The one thing I'm doubtful of is that the guy is actually of Zulu lineage, becuase the Zuluz are traditionally a warrior race of tall well built people, men and women.

Not bantam-weights.

Comment

This is Bull****! They wouldn't dare do this to a European monarch. F)?&!$# double standards.

Comment

US Customs are a bunch of c*nts.....

I've dealt with them a few times and I always had issues with them...Two times I had 3-4 of them come at me with hands on their weapons...Once crossing the Canadian US border by car and the 2nd time at the airport in Houston...And in Houston it was a Mexican-American that was giving me all the problems...

And I'm Ukrainian.....maybe they still think I'm a commie......

Comment

Our customs I think are the worst, or rather my worst experiences at customs happened in the US.

I had one incident where I was coming home after 36 hours of transit including long layovers and a missed plane. I came into JFK customs, which was noise deafening, couldn't hear the teller and accidentally said my home town as the place I came from. That got me taken away where first I had to wait for them, then get asked about a thousand questions. During which, this caused me to miss my train and come back extremely late. F that, even Heathrow didn't give me any problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X