No announcement yet.

Blueprint on how to beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

I like the video nice you shut me up lol! I still think Floyd takes Pac by unanimous decision tho lol!
    Originally posted by S IP U IR S xII View Post
    Uhhhh...i have listed my fav fighters NOT who i think is p4p....and to think im biased.....MY VIDEO THAT I MADE...this outta shut you up with this whole biased garbage talk.

Comment

Comment

Here are some examples of fighters who can beat FLoyd:

A) Size, reach bigger than Floyd and with solid jabs (powerful right hand would be a plus). Hearn

B) Pressure fighters like Frazier or Duran with excellent inside game.

C) Outslicks Floyd : Whitaker and SRL.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
          if mayweather comes in agressive against pacquiao like he did against ortiz then pacquiao will beat him. the mayweather that fought ortiz was for the most part coming forward (rarely circling) and standing in front of ortiz the whole night and you just don't do that with pacquiao. if mayweather does fight aggressive against pacquiao then we can see a fight similar to leonard vs duran I where leonard lost because he tried to fight duran's fight instead of outboxing duran like many people expected him to do.
          In order to do that your opponent must do it as well. As long as Manny would pivoting/circling around in the middle of the ring, Floyd would have to no choice but to constantly turn with him. Did you saw when Floyd mocked Ortiz's footwork during his media day workout? He knew Ortiz doesn't constantly use lateral movement by pivoting or circling around the ring; Therefore he didn't really have any reason to did so. It's the same thing with Mosley, he didn't constantly circled around the ring against Floyd either. When Marquez fought Floyd, he did constantly used side-steps and circled around the ring, and Floyd adapted to his movement and constantly turned with him.

Comment

I think Sergio Martinez can beat him. His style would give Floyd fits and his size advantage would be too much for Floyd, IMO. Martinez can fight going backwards he has a piston like jab(when he wants to use it) and he fights at a very unorthodox pace.

I don't think anyone at 147 or 154 has the tools to beat him.
            Last edited by Rocky Rode; 11-19-2011, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
              In order to do that your opponent must do it as well. As long as Manny would pivoting/circling around in the middle of the ring, Floyd would have to no choice but to constantly turn with him. Did you saw when Floyd mocked Ortiz's footwork during his media day workout? He knew Ortiz doesn't constantly use lateral movement by pivoting or circling around the ring; Therefore he didn't really have any reason to did so. It's the same thing with Mosley, he didn't constantly circled around the ring against Floyd either. When Marquez fought Floyd, he did constantly used side-steps and circled around the ring, and Floyd adapted to his movement and constantly turned with him.
              some stats from the may ortiz fight

(one thing to note, a lot of jabs with no intentions, and a lot of grazing punches, also counted punches in clinch)
              Last edited by WombBat; 11-19-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                floyd is really vulnerable and not just vs southpaws...

he really does not like pressure .. non stop onslaught (high punch output whether not landing cleanly) equals very poor offensive work rate for floyd...

Manny isn't a pressure Boxer. He uses constant ambush attacks, move to another direction, then reset and repeat. If he hurt you, then that's when he'll use constant pressure to clean your clock. All that sound great and all, except for the part when he misses with those ambush attacks; which cause him to be off balance and leave himself open to get counter.

Comment

Working...
                X