Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fights with the best footwork and balance that you know of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fights with the best footwork and balance that you know of?

Ali

Floyd

Ray Leonard

Hopkins

Joe Louis

Tyson

All exhibited some excellent balance and ring generalship in my opinion,they were always in position to throw power shots and evade incoming blows all while never losing balance.That takes years of training and dedication to do that so flawlessly
    Last edited by chavez jr; 10-13-2011, 06:15 PM.

basically any roy jones fight

that is the highest level of footwork right there

Comment

Out of all the fighters I've seen fight in person, I still say Hopkins has the best footwork I've seen. Not the fastest or most dynamic to the eye, but like you said he is in perfect position at almost every moment, can move in any direction so fliudly, and cover ground the ring quick as hell. Pivoting, half steps, feints, cutting the ring off.... everything was just great to watch imo.

I'm probably not explaining this that great, but it has always stuck in my mind and was a pretty glaring skill even from my nosebleed seats. Actually, I think the nosebleed seats gave me more appreciation of this. He was 40 at the time I saw him.

gonna try to think of specific fights that have great footwork from both fighters...

Comment

willie pep.

Comment

Long list of fighters with great footwork.

Whether it be fast, fleet footed footwork like Muhammad Ali who moved sometimes annoyingly fast for a man of his size.

Or the kind of slower footwork but great positioning like Joe Louis.

I've always been an admirer of Carlos Monzon's footwork. It's just a thing of beauty. I wouldn't say he's the best or certainly the fastest but I'd put him up there.

Harold Johnson had exceptional footwork. For a Light Heavyweight with short reach like he had to be able to ALWAYS out jab his opponents took sesnational footwork along with many other assests.

Comment

Jose Napoles made moving in and out of range seem very effortless.

Comment

James tony seemed to always be in a great spot to avoid a punch coming. The only time he looked stupid was when he got cute with roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                James tony seemed to always be in a great spot to avoid a punch coming. The only time he looked stupid was when he got cute with roy.
                He really doesn't use his feet much,but his upper body movement is top notch.He can stand in 1 spot and make you miss and pay all day.He can literally fight you in a phone booth and bust you up.

Comment

rigondeaux

Comment

benny leonard

gene tunney

wilfredo vasquez

sweat pea

and many others

Comment

Working...
                    X