Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Margaritto ever an Elite level fighter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No he was not. Margarito was a good fighter and never an elite fighter. His only marquee win was against Cotto and I would bet anything he cheated for that fight. Some people on this site would like you to believe that Margarito is one of the best of our generation which is a complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
      Margarito was good, but a true elite fighter would never have the type of chin first defense that he has.

Margarito did prove that will can triumph over skill. That's only assuming he didn't cheat in his other fights pre-Mosley.
      You don't consider Jake Lamotta for example an elite fighter?

Comment

He was a good fighter but he is not anybody that I need to see anyone against.

Good solid fighter though.

Comment

now a days its just *******s trying to justify Manny's win so his being seriously overrated. the guy was never an elite fighter he was a big underdog against Cotto and that upset win plus Floyd not fighting him made him out to seem like a killer to some casual boxing fans

really Cotto was the only prime good boxer he beat and that win is now questionable post Mosley fight

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            He was a good fighter but he is not anybody that I need to see anyone against.

Good solid fighter though.
            So why do people say that Marg could beat so and so? Dude was a good fighter but there are a tone of good fighters. He's was really never all that and now he will never be nothing but a blind punching bag.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Well in Lamotta's case, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Not saying I'm not a fan of certain "chin first" fighters, I just have a hard time considering most of them elite, but there is no denying that Lamotta beat elite fighters in a great era, therefore that makes him elite.

Comment

at one point, yes. he had an all time great beard, and had great stamina as well. Not gonna get into the other ****, but he certainly had elite levels of 2 very important attributes for a fighter to have.

Comment

Honestly, no but through hard work he deserved to be on top like the rest of them. Just like Glen Johnson and Librado Andrade, work horses.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    in his day, he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
                      So why do people say that Marg could beat so and so? Dude was a good fighter but there are a tone of good fighters. He's was really never all that and now he will never be nothing but a blind punching bag.
                      I really have no idea, people tend to think his pressure will crack anyone even if they never showed any sort of issue with that.

I don't really like to talk about him because it is pointless, I find him vastly overrated compared to a lot of fighters but whatever to some people he is a big deal I am not trying to change their minds.

He is still a good solid fighter though, who achieved a lot through hard work and toughness.

Comment

Working...
                      X