No announcement yet.

Juan Manuel Marquez moving up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juan Manuel Marquez moving up

Translation from Spanish to English by Sergio Martinez.

“I’m as good as Morales and Barrera, and just need a good promoter to get me fights against those guys to prove that I belong with the elite boxers of the world. I also want to finish my business with Manny Pacquiao because I know that I beat him.”-Juan Manuel Marquez.
    [ Details ]

I hope JMM make up his mind what he wants to do...

I LOVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN AGAINST PAC SOON ...

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
      I hope JMM make up his mind what he wants to do...

I LOVE TO SEE HIM AGAIN AGAINST PAC SOON ...
      What the hell do you mean you hope JMM makes up his mind with what he wants to do?

He wants to fight Pacquiao, Barrera and Morales. Reread that article and learn to comprehend what is being stated. Whoever made the first post about Marquez moving up meant as in rising up as a fighter, not moving up in weight to avoid Pac, or that Marquez was indecisive about wanting to fight Pac. These are some excerpts from that article posted, of what Marquez said:

"I’m as good as Morales and Barrera, and just need a good promoter to get me fights against those guys to prove that I belong with the elite boxers of the world. I also want to finish my business with Manny Pacquiao because I know that I beat him. I’ll go up to super featherweight and meet those guys there." -JMM

"All I can do is continue to work hard, prepare myself, and I’m here to face any of the top fighters in the featherweight and super featherweight divisions." -JMM

I wanna see a rematch of JMM - Pac or Morales - Pac or Barrera - Pac (Barrera needs to redeem himself. There were a lot of distractions prior to the fight and it cost him. He didn't look the same. He was just going through the motions.)

As far as the JMM - Pac rematch goes. Too bad it fell through. I thought Marquez would have easily outboxed and reversed the tables on Pacquiao if they rematched. I don't think Pac would've gotten so lucky in the first round if they did rematch.

And Marquez apparently wouldn't have gotten the lion's share of the rematch purse (read the aforementioned article). His ****ty Top Rank promotion isn't giving Marquez his just due. I think he needs to drop Top Rank and get himself a promotional team that can get him paid so he can get it on with Pacquiao, Morales and Barrera without getting stiffed. These would all be good fights and we could decide once and for all who the best featherweight/super featherweight is out there.

And you know what, I can't say I blame Marquez for wanting the lion's share of the pie. He's pushing 30 yrs old and worked hard to make his bones in boxing, so to speak, with little reward for his hard-earned efforts. Naseem Hamed dodged him for years, and like that article noted, so did other top-caliber fighters. Pac hasn't made his bones in the sport like Marquez has, so Freddie Roach needs to learn how to negotiate like a reasonable person and give Marquez and Pac what they deserve financially speaking. After all, Marquez is the one with the titles, and Pacquiao is the challenger. It's a given, the champion deserves the lion's share of the purse, plain and simple. Either way, aside from all the negotiations and lip-smacking from Roach and all the Pac bandwagoners, I can't wait to see a rematch. I think it'll eventually happen, though I think a Morales rematch is more likely to happen, which I also want to see just as much.
      Last edited by Josh2k5; 04-19-2005, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh2k5
        What the hell do you mean you hope JMM makes up his mind with what he wants to do?

He wants to fight Pacquiao, Barrera and Morales.
        this is cheap talk. he refused to fight him remember?

Comment

Originally posted by czars_salad
          this is cheap talk. he refused to fight him remember?
          Marquez sat at the negotiation table ready and willing, as champion, to rematch Pacquiao, the challenger. Freddie Roach and company refused to give Marquez his just due, as is customary. Face it, Pacquiao's corner messed up the rematch negotiations, not Marquez.

Pacquiao vs Barrera (Pacquiao beats a Barrera who was a shell of himself that night; not the same Barrera with the intensity that faced Morales or Hamed)

Pacquiao vs Marquez (Draw - but Marquez should have really won despite the knockdowns in the first. Marquez put on a clinic and set the bluprint for how to take care of Pacquiao and exposed him for the one-dimensional fighter he was.)

Pacquiao vs Morales (Unanimous Decision for Morales as he goes on to make mince meat of Pac's face after making him spit up his own blood.)

Pacquiao overall vs the legendary Mexican trio 1-1-1
          Should really be 1-2

Looking forward to the rematches to shut up Pacquiao, Roach and his fans once and for all.

Comment

Pacquiao vs Barrera (Pacquiao beats a Barrera who was a shell of himself that night; not the same Barrera with the intensity that faced Morales or Hamed)
            now this is a nuthugging *****

Comment

Marquez sat at the negotiation table ready and willing, as champion, to rematch Pacquiao, the challenger. Freddie Roach and company refused to give Marquez his just due, as is customary. Face it, Pacquiao's corner messed up the rematch negotiations, not Marquez.

Pacquiao vs Marquez (Draw - but Marquez should have really won despite the knockdowns in the first. Marquez put on a clinic and set the bluprint for how to take care of Pacquiao and exposed him for the one-dimensional fighter he was.)

Pacquiao vs Morales (Unanimous Decision for Morales as he goes on to make mince meat of Pac's face after making him spit up his own blood.)

Pacquiao overall vs the legendary Mexican trio 1-1-1
              Should really be 1-2

Looking forward to the rematches to shut up Pacquiao, Roach and his fans once and for all.
              Funny how you say Pacquiao's corner messed up and it's Maqruez who missed out on his payday lol. And please....if Marquez wanted a rematch that badly, he wouldn't have bitched about his purse. I can understand him wanting more but don't come in here and start spitting out bull**** like it was Pac's camp's fault. The reason the rematch never took place was negotiations between HIM and HIS OWN PROMOTER Arum. Pac's purse was a guarantee by Murad and didn't involve no negotiations with Marquez.

Pacquiao-Barrera (Barerra wasn't 100% but he tried everything from slugging to boxing and nothing in his repertoire, not even his 15 year experience allowed him to win more than one round against a man who has his number. Saying he was nothing but a mere "shell" of himself is coming from a fan in denial. And now, he don't even want to redeem himself lol I understand him though hahaha)

Pacquiao-Marquez (Draw, Close fight, 3 point difference should have won it for Pac. One judge ADMITTED he ****ed up and still people are blinded by the "comeback hype", started seeing a hollywood movie ending and stopped watching the end of the fight).

Pacquiao-Morales (UD - Morales won hands down. Clear decision, no robbery).

Pacquaio vs mexican trio (1-1-1) when it should be (2-1).

Pac is like a thorn on a mexican's finger. 3 top mexicans of the past decade, took one filipino out of nowhere to drop 2 of them 3 times in their respective fights. lol

Looking forward to the rematches, so he can finally get the respect he deserves from everyone who's in denial like yourself

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks
                Funny how you say Pacquiao's corner messed up and it's Maqruez who missed out on his payday lol. And please....if Marquez wanted a rematch that badly, he wouldn't have bitched about his purse. I can understand him wanting more but don't come in here and start spitting out bull**** like it was Pac's camp's fault. The reason the rematch never took place was negotiations between HIM and HIS OWN PROMOTER Arum. Pac's purse was a guarantee by Murad and didn't involve no negotiations with Marquez.

Pacquiao-Barrera (Barerra wasn't 100% but he tried everything from slugging to boxing and nothing in his repertoire, not even his 15 year experience allowed him to win more than one round against a man who has his number. Saying he was nothing but a mere "shell" of himself is coming from a fan in denial. And now, he don't even want to redeem himself lol I understand him though hahaha)

Pacquiao-Marquez (Draw, Close fight, 3 point difference should have won it for Pac. One judge ADMITTED he ****ed up and still people are blinded by the "comeback hype", started seeing a hollywood movie ending and stopped watching the end of the fight).

Pacquiao-Morales (UD - Morales won hands down. Clear decision, no robbery).

Pacquaio vs mexican trio (1-1-1) when it should be (2-1).

Pac is like a thorn on a mexican's finger. 3 top mexicans of the past decade, took one filipino out of nowhere to drop 2 of them 3 times in their respective fights. lol

Looking forward to the rematches, so he can finally get the respect he deserves from everyone who's in denial like yourself
                mooks scored a knocdown!!! Josh2k5 is bloodied and ran out of the ring

Comment

mooks scored a knocdown!!! Josh2k5 is bloodied and ran out of the ring
                  sarap patulan mga to pre

Comment

now this is a nuthugging *****
                    That's all you can do like a little *****, write **** from your computer with your dumbass "nuthugger" crap. Everyone knows the biggest "nuthuggers" are filipinos with all their Pacquiao bull****.

All you blind Pacquiao toadies were the same ones making ridiculous claims that Pacquiao would KO Morales in round 1 and other nonsense like that. You believed your own hype about an overrated, one-dimensional Pacquiao. Reading all your bull**** threads, I noticed you Pac dick lickers were trying to make Pacquiao out to be a legend on par with the greatest all time featherweights/jr lightweights, claiming a bunch of other nonsense also. Get off your own sack.

But from your point of view, I could understand why you talk **** about other fighters and try to pump up your own guy -- because that's all you have. On the other hand Barrera, Morales, Marquez, believe it or not are not the best or even the only good Mexican boxers to dominate. There were better before them and there will be better after them in all likelihood. Legends nonetheless in their own right, but by no means the only good Mexican boxers.

Comment

Working...
                    X