No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Ends His HBO Run This Saturday Night

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
    Don't understand how any fan of the sport could be happy to see Merchant go. He's a legend.
    a VERY BIAS legend.....I was watching the nights Roy and Pac got iced...his reactions wasn't the same....when Tarver iced Roy, the oldman went crazy...he was super excited...I'm just glad Roy got to call the ice job Marquez layed on Manny while sitting next to Larry lol.....seeing Roy get KTFO was bad enough, but to hear how much Merchant enjoyed it made me not like him....and through the years he made lil' slick remarks here and there that were uncalled for....at the end of the day, I won't miss him....am I fake fan of the sport becasue I feel this way?!?...HELL NO!!!!

Comment

• Thats unfortunate, he was the only one that wasn't pushing the HBO agemda and said what was on his mind. Some people didn't like him because he asked all the questions no one wanted to hear.

Floyd will be celebrating for the second week in a row! First marquez got himm off the hook and now Merchant.

LArry was the man and he will be missed, now were stuck with all the other puppets on that broadcast who are gonna push the agenda and let fighters off the hook when they under perform, cherry pick! No one will ask the tough questions now.

Comment

• ATG gonna be missed

Comment

• Only one who spoke his mind and didn't have to kiss anyone's ass.

A lot of fans of boring fighters hated him for calling it like it was. ATG.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
            Only one who spoke his mind and didn't have to kiss anyone's ass.

WTF ?!?!?!?! he may not have kissed ass, but he sure deep-throathed the HBO fighter..........and he swallowed !!!

sure glad he's leaving, he should complete the job stay home !

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Only one who spoke his mind and didn't have to kiss anyone's ass.

Very true, that is one reason i liked Merchant. He asked the questions that were at times considered taboo

He was himself and honest, and that i respect instead of a guy kissing fighters asses

Comment

• Larry's willingness to say what he feels, biased or not, is what made him so great. Without that dynamic, he wouldn't have been half as interesting. Of course he says slick ****, that's what makes him Larry lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Very true, that is one reason i liked Merchant. He asked the questions that were at times considered taboo

He was himself and honest, and that i respect instead of a guy kissing fighters asses
                  Indeed.....

Comment

• YESSS!!! Best headline I've seen I a long time. Now Arum just needs to go (and pass away) and Jim Lampley needs to lose his voice somehow...

Anybody like me and feel the Showtime commentators are all around flat-out better than HBO? Like Al Bernstein is more knowledgeable and less a douche than Lampley, and Gus Johnson is a straight badass, and Paulie Malignaggi is Shakespeare compared to Roy Jones. The egos on HBO are crowding out the fights we are watching. Showtime ftw

Comment

• Damn, its gonna be different listening to the HBO crew with out Merchant. Its gonna be like when the Lakers with out Chick Hearn(RIP).

Comment

Working...
                      X