Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love how everybody says "Tommy Hearns would beat this guy and that guy blablabla"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hearns is one of the best 147lbers ever and is THE best 154lber ever.

There's nothing overrated about him or how he'd do head-to-head against the best ever in those two divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
      I just read again how a guy said "the only guy I can see give Roy Jones trouble is Tommy Hearns". I see it all the time here: nobody could beat Mayweather, but Tommy Hearns maybe.
      Or: Hearns would kill Pacquiao. Hearns would beat this guy, and that guy and blablablabala.
      listen guys: Hearns was a good fighter. but. he lost all his big fights. against Hagler and against Ray Leonard. and Iran Barkley iced him twice. So pleeaaassseee stop overrating Hearns. thank you.
      Do I think he can give a lot of guys big troubles? Yes. Do I think he would beat everybody from other eras? hell no. He lost the big fights in his own era. Knocking out a Duran who moved up in weight doesn't do it for me. Hearns is wayyyy overrated here on this site.
      you are a complete moron.

that hearns lost all his biggest fights is one of the biggest and most obviously false myths in boxing history. he lost his only two FOTY but he won more huge fights than most fighters could ever dream of, even atgs.

he beat roberto duran in a huge title unification, he beat the undefeated top p4p fighter virgil hill in a big fight (which he was an underdog in), he won (but got robbed) against SRL in their huge rematch, wilfred benitez was a huge fight, pipino cuevas was a big fight. hell even roldan and andries were big fights just based on the historic factor involved.

hearns had massive success in big fights, to say otherwise just shows you only know boxing by watching documentarys and bad ones at that.

to say he got iced by barkley twice is plain false, their remacth went to a decision. the fact that you not only dont know that but would make a wild guess at the fights outcome shows how clueless you are.

to cap things off, all the statements you quoted are indeed 100% accurate. hearns had a nightmare style for RJJ and he would demolish both mayweather and pacquiao with ease. pacquiao and mayweather arent even close to the best WWs of all time, hearns surely ranks higher than both of them and would beat both of them h2h.

thats not overrating hearns, like i said there are more than half a dozen WWs who would beat pacquiao and mayweather at the weight. it simply isnt their best weight, just like 175 wasnt hearns' best weight and there are a bunch of LtHWs who would beat him. and hearns holds a win at 175 thats better than anything pacquiao or mayweather achieved at WW.

so pleeeeeeeease stop being a moron and educate yourself on boxing before making a fool of yourself again. thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing
        It's not the same fight as Ray Leonard. In fact, it's completely different styles. Like I said, I'd favor Hearns, but if both were able to execute their game plans I don't know if Hearns would be as impressive.
        A 5'6 guy trying to fight Hearns at medium range is going to have a short and painful night.

I dont see any way Pacquiao would have more success than Ray Leonard

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Tommy Hearns right hand could put anyone from 147 to 168 asleep but he could definitely be beatable by some of the best in the past 20 years. His chin was as weak as his right hand was strong.

Roy Jones speed and power would of dominated and knocked Hearns out in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            I just read again how a guy said "the only guy I can see give Roy Jones trouble is Tommy Hearns". I see it all the time here: nobody could beat Mayweather, but Tommy Hearns maybe.
            Or: Hearns would kill Pacquiao. Hearns would beat this guy, and that guy and blablablabala.
            listen guys: Hearns was a good fighter. but. he lost all his big fights. against Hagler and against Ray Leonard. and Iran Barkley iced him twice. So pleeaaassseee stop overrating Hearns. thank you.
            Do I think he can give a lot of guys big troubles? Yes. Do I think he would beat everybody from other eras? hell no. He lost the big fights in his own era. Knocking out a Duran who moved up in weight doesn't do it for me. Hearns is wayyyy overrated here on this site.

Barkley was at 168 and Hagler at 160 stupid ****. He would clean out 147 today easily. He would beat Mayweather and Pac easily. You are ******ed.

Comment

ANyone still want to argue about Hearns-Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                ANyone still want to argue about Hearns-Pac?
                But Hearns couldn't take his punches

Comment

Some do not know!

I've been here for a long time reading and posting, it does not take long to begin to notice when someone posts something, that they may not know all that much about Boxing and Boxing history and the fighters themselves, and anyone that says Hearns was overrated is one of those that do not know what they are even talking about.

I agree why Hearns lost to Barkley, but Hearns was at his best at WW, I think if he had fought McCaullum, Toney, Hopkins, even Kalambay, he would have a tough time beating any of them, S. Martinez, I think Kos him, but that takes nothing from him, that's at weights above WW, no way he beats SRR, he might give him a round or more of all time great minutes in a fight the way his fight with Hagler was, but he does not beat him.

But in his Prime, he gives anyone in any division he fought in a good, tough fight for as long as it lasts, and with his Power, his excellent jab, his height and length, he stands a shot to beat anyone, he showed against Leonard after getting hurt, that he could move, box, jab, and win a fight without his Power, I think he beats Roy Jones Jr. and Mayweather, if Pacman does not get Koed like Duran and can get close enough he knocks him, but maybe on the way in, he goes the route of Duran, who knows for sure, but either way, he gives them all an awesome fight.

Comment

No human in the history of humanity can beat Thomas Hearns at Welterweight. Sugar Ray was losing on all three scorecards before Dundee began poisoning Thomas's water.

Comment

If Hearns and Pacquiao had ever been matched up than Hearns would be sitting in jail for murder today.
                      Last edited by Rockin'; 08-25-2015, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X