Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has any boxer dominated Bernard and Hopkins talent like Roy did.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    What do you mean where? Clearly Jones beats Hopkins up more than Margarito got beaten up by Pac. Just check this highlight out. Pac didn't land more clean, hard shots in one round than Jones did the whole fight. No way. Just look at Marg's face after the fight. Just shows how close it was whereas Hopkins was like, totally, maybe breathing hard...a little bit.

That fight above is the definition of a close battle with most rounds very even and the flashy stuff (Margarito is a pretty flashy guy too though) pulling it out for one guy more. Hopkins/Jones is the definition of absolutely decimated and pwned in a one sided beat down.
    i actually had margarito up over pac. 6 rounds to 5 with 1 even. first round was even although pac landed all the punches marg came forward and was the ring general, i thought he took rounds 3, 4, and 5 based on crowd noise, and rounds 7,8 and 9 he was really effective at making pac tired.
    Last edited by daggum; 01-02-2012, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Smokefield View Post
      Hopkins wasn't really Hopkins yet and hardly
      any punches were thrown in that fight so I wouldn't say Hopkins was dominated, and Toney and his flat-footed stance was taylor made for Jones. They coulda fought 100 times and Jones would win 100 times. Toney has and had no shot. Jones would probably still beat him today.

No slight to Roy, he was untouchable for years and years, but I just disagree.

How bout Donaire's dominance over Darchinyan and Montiel?
      Ali kinda dominated Liston and Foreman

Joe Calzaghe dominated Peter Manfredo and Jeff Lacy...OK that was a stretch
      calzaghe dominated eubank(destroyed him chris never won another fight), lacy(the next tyson), hopkins(he threw so many more punches!), and jones jr(he was rejuvinated, everyone thought he was back)

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        calzaghe dominated eubank(destroyed him chris never won another fight), lacy(the next tyson), hopkins(he threw so many more punches!), and jones jr(he was rejuvinated, everyone thought he was back)
        I was just joking hahaha When you look at it in reality, it was wins over some bums...and Hopkins.

Comment

What Floyd did to Marquez is more impressive than what Roy did to Bhop , thats one of the most dominating wins over a great fighter in the history of boxing but hate gets in the way of whats real .

Comment

RJJ beat Hopkins with one hand and he made Toney look like a C- minus fighter to answer the question no

Comment

Foreman beating Norton and Frazier is the only thing that compares.

Comment

He meant Toney + Hopkins

Comment

hopkins did it himself when he beat trinidad and tarver. there are dozens of examples out there of top class fighters being beaten soundly.

Comment

Are Hopkins being green and Toney struggling to make weight factors in this?! Or should they just be ignored.

Comment

Dick Tiger dominated or won clearly against Joey Giardello, Nino Benvenuti and Gene Fullmer.

Comment

Working...
                      X