Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

injured hamstring... condition exercises other than runnin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injured hamstring... condition exercises other than runnin?

i injured my hamstring about 2 weeks ago and it's still not 100%. i'm tryin to rest it up to get it back there, but i also want to keep up my cardio. i can't run because it stresses the mucles, so i'm tryin to figure out what i can do to keep up my cardio while i rest up my hamstrings. i'm currently doin skippin, but i was wonderin if there's anythin else that can give me a better workout for cardio... any suggestions?

swimming. thats about it.

Comment

Nothing quite matches running for fitness and there is no replacement. I know how it is, I had some of my hamstring grafted out to reconstruct my ligament. Wait it out. In the meantime cycle and swim, but keep your mind focused for your return to running. It won't be easy and you can't pick up where you left off!!

Comment

Try those rowing machines, I had the same problem and just decided to take the time off to make sure it healed properly. There is nothing worst than a dodgy hamstring, let it heal before you push yourself!

Comment

there's no pools around here, so swimming is out of the question. how about cyclin?

Comment

I'd start off gently, but give it a shot

Comment

If it is short term do not worry too much and just rest it. Mine was long term and i found the therabands from physio were handy for stretching the hamstrings. Stretching helps alot.

Comment

Here's a good list of cardio exercises:

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

You'll have to weed through to see if you could find any that don't require the hamstring.
                Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X