Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At this point, has Canelo redeemed and/or further solidified his status as elite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point, has Canelo redeemed and/or further solidified his status as elite?

Close or not he has a win over Golovkin.Sure his opposition has been shaky in the past, but going forward and as of now, is Canelo a top dog in your eyes?

Absolutely. He's one of the greatest fighters in the world.

Golovkin had all the physical advantages over him. Height, reach, weight.

If Canelo was the same size as Golovkin that fight wouldn't have been close. He beat Golovkin despite the handicap.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Close or not he has a win over Golovkin.Sure his opposition has been shaky in the past, but going forward and as of now, is Canelo a top dog in your eyes?
      Top dog how!? I think he redeemed himself and cleared his name but I still hate the fawker
      He will lose soon but that won’t mean he isn’t a elite fighter

Comment

I think anyone in the top ten in any division is elite, but yea Canelo redeemed himself if one was critical of him in the first fight I feel like. Assuming they are being fair with the situation & not being a fanboy or hater which seems to be a problem for some.

I will add despite the 1-0-1 record Canelo has vs GGG now, these two are inches away from each other in talent. I can't think of a rivalry that was as close as this one (7-5 GGG, 6-6 Even x2 & 7-5 Canelo x2 & one bs card). So that being the case I don't think Canelo (or GGG if you disagree with these decisions) has shown he's the superior fighter cuz while these decisions aren't controversial in my eyes they are still disputed decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
          Absolutely. He's one of the greatest fighters in the world.

Golovkin had all the physical advantages over him. Height, reach, weight.

If Canelo was the same size as Golovkin that fight wouldn't have been close. He beat Golovkin despite the handicap.
          Well he was bigger than ggg the first fight, what happened there?

Canelo is definitely top 5 p4p...I thought ggg won, but the fight was close and Canelo proved something. As far as comparing him to bona fide great fighters of recent generations, I put him a notch below at this point. Only because how many dubious decisions he's been on the fortunate side of. Truly great fighters would have beaten guys like lara and trout clearly and even probably dealt with an aging champion in a more convincing fashion than he did with ggg. He has time left in his career tho, so it's probably too early to be comparing him with guys who already finished their careers.

Comment

I'd put Canelo just out of the top 5, maybe like 6th or 7th. He is still an elite fighter but nowhere near where he thinks he is. He didn't look bad in both his losses to GGG, thats the most credit ill give him.

Comment

As far as I am concerned he has. He said the failed test was due to bad meat and I believe him. He is not a drug cheat and never was in my opinion. I don't blame GGG for being pissed over the failed tests.Everyone must make up their own mind about Canelo's quilt or innocence. I thought GGG won the fight but Canelo fought better than last fight with improved stamina and punches thrown per round after they no doubt tested the hell out of him. That tells me that he has never cheated in any fight but he trained harder and improved for the 2nd GGG fight.

Comment

Absolutely, he’s the best middleweight in the world and is in my top 5 p4p(could be in the top 3 if Bud keeps fighting guys like Benavidez an not real comp at 147 or if Loma/Usyk loses)

He tamed the middleweight monster boogeyman at his own game with a handicap in Height, reach, weight, and activity!

It’s impressive win due to the circumstances and the way he won it!

If you told me Canelo in his 2nd fight at 160 took the fight to GGG and made him retreat before this then I’d laugh at you!

Every fight he shows something new, Future HOF

Comment

GGG owns that scrub. He was roided out of his mind both fights and still couldn't beat an aged fighter. Canela is gonna chicken out of a trilogy with GGG. He dont want no smoke.

Edit: disregard the comment. Wrong account.

Comment

100% in my eyes this fight showed he was a true great of this era. I've been skeptical in the past.

Comment

Working...
                    X