Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karma: You criticized Floyd, but now look at who isn't facing the best. Frauds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boofdatruth View Post
    Maywather?????????....lol
    yep i misspelled mayweather
    sharp accurate observation want a cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by ElGranLuchador View Post
      yep i misspelled mayweather
      sharp accurate observation want a cookie?
      I think you did it on purpose lol. Anyway, it was great posting with you. You gave your opinion. We have your thoughts on record. Say what's up to Migwell and Antione for me.

Comment

I am not asking which fighter is better for the champion. Abraham is more than capable of knocking PAv out. Same with Valero if he fights PAc. I'm pointing out how these guys are not fighting fights that can promote boxing to another level. Fans do not want to see this garbage. We want to see what PAv does with a guy he can't hit clean, and who can punch. We want to see Pac in with a southpaw dynamo with power in both hands. We want to see Floyd fight the best at WW and not fight a bunch of WW's. We want to see Floyd fight the best. He moved up in weight. Floyd moved UP IN WEIGHT! Basically those guys at WW received titles shots when Baldy was unfairly stripped courtesy of Mr. Arum back dooring his way into the hearts of the sanctioing bodies guranteeing they would be paid, so give us a shot at the title. The farce has got to stop.
        Abraham is not, in my opinion, a better fighter than either Hopkins(close here) or Calzaghe(not as close). So it is better, in my opinion, for Pavlik to fight either one of them, since they are not only the bigger names, but also the best fighters he could be facing. The only plus on facing Abraham is the unification factor.

Valero has shown good boxing skills in sparring, but not in his fights. He's wide both on defense and offense, and he has fought only one halfway decent fighter in Mosquera, who gave him a decent bit of trouble. I think Pac will shred Soto also, but it is clearly a better fight based on what both have shown in the ring. In terms of perceived talent, Guzman would probably be the toughest LW opponent for Pac, but I think he can be forgiven for bypassing him as he works his way to fighting Hatton or DLH. And the difference between Floyd moving up in weight is that Floyd moved up from 130 to 154 vs Pac moving from 106 to potentially 147 with a smaller frame than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by HitBattousai View Post
          Abraham is not, in my opinion, a better fighter than either Hopkins(close here) or Calzaghe(not as close). So it is better, in my opinion, for Pavlik to fight either one of them, since they are not only the bigger names, but also the best fighters he could be facing. The only plus on facing Abraham is the unification factor.

Valero has shown good boxing skills in sparring, but not in his fights. He's wide both on defense and offense, and he has fought only one halfway decent fighter in Mosquera, who gave him a decent bit of trouble. I think Pac will shred Soto also, but it is clearly a better fight based on what both have shown in the ring. In terms of perceived talent, Guzman would probably be the toughest LW opponent for Pac, but I think he can be forgiven for bypassing him as he works his way to fighting Hatton or DLH. And the difference between Floyd moving up in weight is that Floyd moved up from 130 to 154 vs Pac moving from 106 to potentially 147 with a smaller frame than Floyd.
          You already said this. Hop and Cal are old. Arum is scum. PAc should fight Valero. Pac has become a fraud champion. Wouldn't you want to see fireworks with Valero and PAc. PAc and his people will avoid this fight at all costs.
          Last edited by Boofdatruth; 07-19-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
            Soto has a win over Rocky Juraez, which is better then anything Valero has done.
            Well, not necessarily. Valero beat the champ Mosquera who had beaten a number of quite good fighters and the champ that Mosquera beat was actually very good. Rocky has never beaten any current champ and is only a gatekeeper. He has fought better fighters, but, he has lost to all of them. Valero has at least beaten his champ.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Well, not necessarily. Valero beat the champ Mosquera who had beaten a number of quite good fighters and the champ that Mosquera beat was actually very good. Rocky has never beaten any current champ and is only a gatekeeper. He has fought better fighters, but, he has lost to all of them. Valero has at least beaten his champ.
              I've said just as much, but nobody recognized any names on anyone's resume, so they assumed who was and wasn't good that Valero beat, and who his opponents beat. OI tried this only to be told who is more worthy. Good post.

Comment

It's Abraham who don't want the fight yet he wants his mandatory, Pavlik still should have just went with the Winky fight instead of Bernard though. But I have no problem with Pavlik/Calzaghe I actually want that fight bad... And for Pacquiao I don't think he will avoid or dodge anyone, his options are pretty limited right now considering he just fought Diaz and all the lightweights are fighting in September already, Soto and Valero are at least respectable opponents anyways. Soto has been in the ring with tough opposition and looked really good (against a weak opponent) in his last bout and Valero is undefeated and could make an interesting fight with Pacquiao.

Another thing neither Pavlik or Pacquiao walk around claiming to be not only P4P #1 but the greatest fighter to ever get into the ring and that has alot to do with it, if you claim your the best and write people off before ever facing them then thats when people have a problem with it.

Comment

You already said this. Hop and Cal are old. Arum is scum. PAc should fight Valero. Pac has become a fraud champion. Wouldn't you want to see fireworks with Valero and PAc. PAc and his people will avoid this fight at all costs.
                  Your thinking from a fans stand point, this is a business. Abraham is 28 and still in his prime, while he is facing a mandatory. Cal(36) and Hop(43) are both with in a few fights of retirement. The hour glass is running out on fighting either of these guys let alone both. A fight with Abraham can still be left after fighting these men while opposite may not be as true.

Both of these guys(cal and hop) are big money and that is ultimately what boxers are here for(eating and shelter are always good experiences). Though a lot just want to be the best, money will always be encouraging.

If Pavlik fights and beats these men he will be the man that they hand the "city key" over to. They are tremendous boxers even at their age that can give anyone problems. This will also create a bigger market for a fighter with Abraham(more money).

An offer was extended to Winky but Arum felt that Winky was asking for to much. He hasn't fought for a year at his point and I would that Hop and Cal are probably a bit more polished at the moment.

This is a very high risk fight for Pavlik, should he win Hopkins he will get a lot more credit as a perhaps future great, especially if he can win in a convincing manner(something no one has been able to do to either in the last 15 years).

Comment

Working...
                  X