No announcement yet.

After St. Clair, Pacquiao faces Morales next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After St. Clair, Pacquiao faces Morales next

Here it comes again...it's like a never-ending story until it happens. But, I would rather see this one go down first before PAC-JMM!

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Top Rank Inc. promoter Bob Arum told widely respected international referee Bruce McTavish that he and promoter Murad Muhammad have “a done deal” for a blockbuster February showdown between Erik “El Terrible” Morales and Ring Magazine featherweight champion Manny Pacquiao.

The information was relayed to Manila Standard by McTavish upon his return to his home in Angeles City from Phuket, Thailand, where he attended the World Boxing Council convention.

McTavish said Arum told him the February fight was against Morales not Juan Manuel Marquez as originally announced and that although they only had “a verbal agreement,” it was in Arum’s words “a done deal.”

McTavish said the Pacquiao-Morales fight is premised on Morales beating Marco Antonio Barrera in their Nov. 27 third encounter.

More...
    http://www.manilastandardonline.com:...s02_oct11_2004

why arent these news on major boxing sites around the web?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate
      why arent these news on major boxing sites around the web?
      This news just came out today. If you noticed it was written by Ronnie Natanielz, a Boxingscene staff writer. I guess it'll be posted in this forum in a day or two. I don't know if the major boxing sites have contributing/staff writers in the Philippines -- it could be another reason why this news is not on their websites. Or it could be that this news doesn't interest them at this time unless there is anything solid that warrants this fight happening in the future.

Comment

[QUOTE=JaNnO]Here it comes again...it's like a never-ending story until it happens. But, I would rather see this one go down first before PAC-JMM!

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Top Rank Inc. promoter Bob Arum told widely respected international referee Bruce McTavish that he and promoter Murad Muhammad have “a done deal” for a blockbuster February showdown between Erik “El Terrible” Morales and Ring Magazine featherweight champion Manny Pacquiao.

The information was relayed to Manila Standard by McTavish upon his return to his home in Angeles City from Phuket, Thailand, where he attended the World Boxing Council convention.

McTavish said Arum told him the February fight was against Morales not Juan Manuel Marquez as originally announced and that although they only had “a verbal agreement,” it was in Arum’s words “a done deal.”

McTavish said the Pacquiao-Morales fight is premised on Morales beating Marco Antonio Barrera in their Nov. 27 third encounter.

More...

i will reserve my comment when this happens! until that time comes, waiting is a good option because it is heresay there heresay everywhere! nothing is clear except that pacquiao will face st clair on december 4 this year! after that what else? who would rightly guess what's in the mind of these top caliber promoters! do you?

Comment

Blah . . . . blah . . . . blah . . . HEY ARUM you've got too much hot air coming out of your mouth . . . it's either YOU put up or YOU SHUT!

Comment

Is Morales not supposed to be fighting Barrera?

Comment

Originally posted by Danderby
              Is Morales not supposed to be fighting Barrera?

That's right Morales is fighting MAB on November, Pac is fighting St. cLAIRE also in November. . . the article says after Pac vs St Claire so that intended fight is also after Morales vs. MAB.

Comment

Originally posted by pso_junior
                That's right Morales is fighting MAB on November, Pac is fighting St. cLAIRE also in November. . . the article says after Pac vs St Claire so that intended fight is also after Morales vs. MAB.
                I can't wait to see this fight and let the two topnotch fighters settle the question as to who is the better fighter between them once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by JaNnO
                  I can't wait to see this fight and let the two topnotch fighters settle the question as to who is the better fighter between them once and for all.
                  I can't wait to see a Morales-Pacquiao fight like you.

But I don't think Pacman should fight St. Clair just to get a fight. Right now there's money problem to stage the bout. Lousy money will just derail Manny's focus. Also, St. Clair is not that known for fans to spend to see the bout. Actually, St. Clair should pay Manny for that chance of meeting him.

Pacman should just wait for the result of the Morales-Barrera bout before making his move.

Comment

Working...
                  X