No announcement yet.

why did garcia annouce the injury after the Matthysse vs dallas fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    Wait, so you're saying Garcia pulled out of the Judah fight to duck Mattysse?? Wow, that's conspiracy theorizing at it's best.
    Speaking from the other side of the fence if he beat Zab Judah people would instantly demand a fight with Mattysse. If he plays the injury out he could wait for the heat to cool down, he could also justify taking a tune up fight as stepping into a fight with Mattysse after your previous camp got disrupted is not the best of ideas.

I personally don't think it was an elaborate ploy to duck Mattysse but I do however think his training wasn't on schedule. In other words I'm on the side of the people who see him as an unprofessional twat. If his injury is legit he has my apologies.

Comment

Which announcement? I still dont get how someone would pull out of his fight because he wants to duck another fighter.

Comment

I wish people would get off of Matthysse's d*ck. At the end of the day, he will just be one of those tough dudes that NEVER get a shot at stardom, because he's the least bit marketable.

Silly boxing fans forget that the boxing community and the general public are COMPLETELY different. Just because we know who Lucas Matthysse is, that doesn't mean that casual fans (the ones the boxing business relies on for the majority of buys/views) knows who he is.

Gosh...some of yall are some real fanboy ****tards. Matthysse will forever reign as the interim/almost/possible/next-in-line WBC champ, and be a title eliminator fighter, like the guy that he knocked out not too long ago (Ajose).

Comment

Garcia was shook by Jab Super Judah

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
            I wish people would get off of Matthysse's d*ck. At the end of the day, he will just be one of those tough dudes that NEVER get a shot at stardom, because he's the least bit marketable.

Silly boxing fans forget that the boxing community and the general public are COMPLETELY different. Just because we know who Lucas Matthysse is, that doesn't mean that casual fans (the ones the boxing business relies on for the majority of buys/views) knows who he is.

Gosh...some of yall are some real fanboy ****tards. Matthysse will forever reign as the interim/almost/possible/next-in-line WBC champ, and be a title eliminator fighter, like the guy that he knocked out not too long ago (Ajose).
            Sounds like you got some serious hate towards Lucas. Yes he's getting a bit overhyped, but he's shown the KO power and skills to reign at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Sounds like you got some serious hate towards Lucas. Yes he's getting a bit overhyped, but he's shown the KO power and skills to reign at 140.
              No hate at all my man, none for Matthysse whatsoever. He's just one of those tough dudes who will more than likely NEVER land a big fight.

As you said, he does have the skills and power to reign at 140, but we ALL know that, if you aren't marketable, coupled with being as dangerous as he is...he'll tkae the backseat every time.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                No hate at all my man, none for Matthysse whatsoever. He's just one of those tough dudes who will more than likely NEVER land a big fight.

As you said, he does have the skills and power to reign at 140, but we ALL know that, if you aren't marketable, coupled with being as dangerous as he is...he'll tkae the backseat every time.
                Knockout punchers are ALWAYS marketable. ALWAYS.

He won't get a big fight because fans have allowed boxers to adopt the "let's say we don't want to fight the biggest threat because he isn't marketable," bullcrap. Matthysse would be a star if he wasn't a threat to guys Golden Boy are trying to hype up.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  No one quite answered me in the other thread, but was Garcia seriously giving no hint at all about pulling out on FNF this week?
                  No hint at all, said he was ready to go

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Knockout punchers are ALWAYS marketable. ALWAYS.

He won't get a big fight because fans have allowed boxers to adopt the "let's say we don't want to fight the biggest threat because he isn't marketable," bullcrap. Matthysse would be a star if he wasn't a threat to guys Golden Boy are trying to hype up.
                    Sorry, but you guys can cry and whine for Matthysse all you want, but we ALL know it goes in boxing...the big threats HARDLY get the fights that they want.

The more crying that you do for him, the less likely he'll ever land a big fight. It reminds me of the senseless crying that people did for Manny to tell Bob that he wanted the Floyd fight.

No matter how much you cry, as long as a guy is under a higher power's thumb, or he's too much of a threat with no chances of being a star (translation: making a promotional company tons of money), then we wont ever see them in big fights.

Comment

if he doesn,t take the fight then strip him of the wbc and then go after the wba belt and leave him beltless... that should make these promoters think about how not to avoid the mandatory fighters...

Comment

Working...
                      X