Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has Sergio Martinez really done to impress all of you so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has rigo done to impress most of these ******s posting on this forum? Oh wait he's aready got 11 fights beating bums and an awesome amateur run..GTFO here lol...

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfCuba View Post
      I'm not criticizing Martinez, and I think he is a good champion, but what impressive victories does he have that has caused so many people to rate him so high.

I know the Williams knockout was impressive, his win against Kelly Pavlik was ok I guess.

But what else, what I'm I missing?
      This can be and has been done already with almost every boxer out there. Why don't you instead list someone you rate higher and tell us why.

Comment

I'm not criticizing Martinez, and I think he is a good champion, but what impressive victories does he have that has caused so many people to rate him so high.

I know the Williams knockout was impressive, his win against Kelly Pavlik was ok I guess.

what? lol

he move up in weight and beat the middleweight champion. that a ok win?

Comment

Originally posted by ImFromInternet View Post
          He hasn't beaten any of the 'real' top 7-8 guys, out of Junior, who is a fraud. Just check it out from boxrec if you don't believe me. He hasn't fought Geale, Quillin, Golovkin, Sturm, Pirog. Yet he is calling out the smaller money-stars such as Mayweather, like he would all of a sudden somehow deserve that fight after beating Junior. No offence to the fans of these guys: Williams, Pavlik, Macklin, but they are not that good fighters.
          Quillin and Golovkin haven't done anything at middleweight until the past 8 weeks; each of them beating their first and only top 10 contender.

Pirog hasn't done anything to earn the shot either other than get injured and pull out of all his fights.

Sturm, in the eyes of many, lost to Macklin who Sergio KO'd less than a year later.

Geale, if I remember correctly was being considered before Martinez took the Chavez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
            what? lol

he move up in weight and beat the middleweight champion. that a ok win?
            kelly pavlik was not the best of fighters to put it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
              I dont know man Manny fighting Margo(hadnt won a meanigful fight in 2 years and Shane(coming off of a loss and a draw) was pretty damn bad
              Agreed they were bad but they were atleast proven fighters once and a few years prior near or at the top.

Darren Barker had only ever had one fight above Domestic level and he looked like crap.
              Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-23-2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

he has beat the top fighters at 160, golovkin excluded. although his resume is less impressive at 154 he was clearly top notch (i mentioned yesterday that he "was" the best at 154, later realizing although i more or less believe it, i can't make a valid argument for it...this line of thinking was based on the first pwill fight and considering martinez a blown up junior middle at the time...just sayin). he's an entertaining fighter, has speed, has power, he can box, and beats up his opponents. He hasn't ducked anyone either.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  kelly pavlik was not the best of fighters to put it nicely.
                  kelly loss to one guy before fighting martinez and that fight wasnt even in his weight class. martinez beat his ass at his weight class.

Comment

and most people on this site pick kelly to beat martinez , now every1 wants to rewrite history and act like they knew all long kelly wasnt that good lol

Comment

I agree with you, he is good but not special, he isn't a top 3 P4P, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, Ward, Donaire are better.
                      and another thing I can not stand is that not want to fight against Ward and yes against Floyd. When Floyd would be giving more advantage than he would give Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X