Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time for some real talk--- broner vs gamboa who wins and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

More power. Where did you base that off of?

I just cant get over how much emphasis people put on size. Gamboa wont be there to be hit and Broner is not really a counter puncher. He walks his opponents down. The dude is too flat on his feet to be able to catch Gamboa. And good response IMDAZED.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Well, more power in context of them facing off at 135, I think it's safe to assume Broner will be packing the bigger punch considering he's the larger man. Other wise I would say their punching power is about even.
    He hasnt fought at 135 yet and its been smaller guys @ 130 who he's just able to walk down. While Gamboa is smaller he's just not gonna be able to walk Gamboa down, too mobile. Man Gamboa is short but the dude walks around 160ish and it's not a sloppy 160 either. And Broner said he was 150 when he had the confrontation with Guerrero? Hmm now Im curious, what were Gamboa's weights on fight night at 126...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      He hasnt fought at 135 yet and its been smaller guys @ 130 who he's just able to walk down. While Gamboa is smaller he's just not gonna be able to walk Gamboa down, too mobile. Man Gamboa is short but the dude walks around 160ish and it's not a sloppy 160 either. And Broner said he was 150 when he had the confrontation with Guerrero? Hmm now Im curious, what were Gamboa's weights on fight night at 126...

Gamboa started his career at 130 he move down to win the 126 belt, fight night he was 134-35, imo Gamboa will play and frustrate Broner all night long, Broner has never face such experienced guy like YG, while I'm sure Gamboa has seen his share of Broner's in the amateurs, fight night all bets are off...

Comment

at 140...BRONER!

135-50/50

130 and down Gamboa!

Chances of this fight happening was great at 130 but Broner is growing and getting BIGGER Physically so it is soon going to be almost IMPOSSIBLE for him to even make 135, which is why I think the stay at 135 will likely be a SHORT ONE because of that

With Gamboa, we are not even sure how well he will do at 130-135, how well can he take a punch, will he still have his Power, how well his Stamina will hold up with that extra Weight...he is a short compact guy, not like he has a TALL and LONG FRAME, things are actually heating up at 126 and it is a lot of potentially BIG MATCH UPS brewing at 126, Donaire being one of them if he keeps winning, Mares or Moreno so if I was him I am not sure I would be rushing to move up
        Last edited by sicko; 09-22-2012, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Gamboa does not have the style to beat Broner. Imo Broner is just too big for Gamboa. Broners jab and defense will allow him to counter Gamboa every time he rushes in. He'd have to catch Broner cold because he won't out box Broner, and imo that won't happen.

Comment

As talented as Gamboa is, he lacks a jab.Broner is just as fast if not faster. He won't be able to dance all night and Broner will catch him coming in or break him down.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              As talented as Gamboa is, he lacks a jab.Broner is just as fast if not faster. He won't be able to dance all night and Broner will catch him coming in or break him down.
              Broner is not as fast as Gamboa, not even close.

Gamboa's hand-speed is possibly the best in the sport, and his foot speed is vastly superior.

Comment

Who ever makes the least mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Broner is not as fast as Gamboa, not even close.

Gamboa's hand-speed is possibly the best in the sport, and his foot speed is vastly superior.
                  Best in the sport, lmao. Please. Broner is nowhere near as slow as you think he is. A lot of you guys are misinterpreting Broners style because you dislike the kid.

Comment

Best in the sport, lmao. Please. Broner is nowhere near as slow as you think he is. A lot of you guys are misinterpreting Broners style because you dislike the kid.
                    this right here damn near every one wants to see him lose but gamboa aint the one to make it happen imo

Comment

Gamboa does not have the style to beat Broner. Imo Broner is just too big for Gamboa. Broners jab and defense will allow him to counter Gamboa every time he rushes in. He'd have to catch Broner cold because he won't out box Broner, and imo that won't happen.
                      Do you know your boxing? Gamboa would box circles around the flat footed Broner who only knows how to come forward. And Broner faster than Gamboa? Gamboa's conditioning is as good as it gets. He has the stamina to box circles around Broner all night for 20 rounds straight.

Comment

Working...
                      X