Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current JMM DESTROYS any version on Hatton!! Agree??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
    Hatton barely got past Juan Lazcano and had to be saved by the ref and I doubt Lazcano has the punching power that JMM has. Dinamita ass rapes him.
    He lost 2 rounds of that fight

Comment

I disagree. I'd pick JMM to win but I think it would be one of hell of a rough fight for both of them.

Comment

A fat-less, coke-less, Guiness-less, in-shape Ricky would be a serious challenge for Marquez. If Ricky's head's on right, it could even end in a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          No way, Hatton corners him and doesn't let him out. Marquez would need the ref to pull Hatton off him (just like Floyd).

It really does all depend on the referee, if he allows an inside fight Hatton wins comfortably, if he forces a gap every 5 seconds, Marquez probably outboxes Rick.
          this^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Which is why I would favor Hatton but it would have been one hell of a fight. Hell, if Hatton came back to 147 and had a tune up and looked good, I would still want to see it.

Hatton coming back from retirement while JMM would be turning nearly 40. Both having some sort of advantage over the other. Of course nobody would favor Hatton at this point but STILL as a fan of the sport I think it would be worth watching.
            Have you seen Ricky Hatton these days?

He looks like he's in his mid 40's.

His lifestyle is catching up with him, fast.

Comment

No, not destroys. He would win, but likely by decision. Hatton clinches too much for Marquez to get off like he did against Diaz, Katsidis, etc.

Comment

I think Marquez would pick him apart. Hatton, just isn't talent enough to hang with a master counterpuncher in Marquez's class. No shame in that, given that Manny for all his talent has had ungodly amounts of trouble with him at everyweight.

Comment

I dont get how people think that Marquez would 'destroy' Hatton, when Marquez didnt even 'destroy' Katsidis and Diaz. He went through hell in those fights, and got hit a lot and hurt. Hatton is much more physically strong than both, quicker on his feet going forward, and hits a lot harder. Not to mention that Marquez wont be able to got off his offense with Hatton mauling him.

maybe prime Marquez vs Hatton would be a different story, but today's Marquez vs the Hatton that beat Kostya? Come on. I see a Hatton win there.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    I dont get how people think that Marquez would 'destroy' Hatton, when Marquez didnt even 'destroy' Katsidis and Diaz. He went through hell in those fights, and got hit a lot and hurt. Hatton is much more physically strong than both, quicker on his feet going forward, and hits a lot harder. Not to mention that Marquez wont be able to got off his offense with Hatton mauling him.

maybe prime Marquez vs Hatton would be a different story, but today's Marquez vs the Hatton that beat Kostya? Come on. I see a Hatton win there.
                    Um... Kosta at age 38, after battling 2 plus years of injuries and inactivity isn't really at that impressive, but somehow that is lost in the minds of many. Kosta if younger would have KO'ed him. I mean if you want to put more stock into that win, fine.... but common there isn't really much to brag about.

Comment

The Hatton that fought Floyd could over power JMM IMO.

Hatton put a lot of pressure on,m and his footwork was pretty fast.

If Juan Diaz could win most of the rounds to 6, until his KO, and Katsidis was able to land on him hard at times, then Hatton could.

The thing is, JMM has Pac's number in terms of making him look at his worse. That doesn't mean JMM can beat Margarito, Cotto or Mosely. It just means Pac is within his range.

Comment

Working...
                      X