Why are Samoans fat??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They need that fat to keep warm in those cold island tropical winter's

Comment

they didnt use to be fat. like Native Americans, the western diet ****ed them up.

Comment

Probably because they drink a lot of water

They are actually quite healthy as a result

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Genetics. Bone density.
          Samoans, Tongans etc are always very heavily set, usually squat & stocky with very thick bones.

Probably why they excel in Rugby and other contact sports. Very powerful.

Sure a lot maybe overweight but they also tend to have high bone density and carry a lot of muscle tissue.
          Tonga and Samoa have decent Rugby national teams.

Comment

Originally posted by RightJab View Post
            In 2008 and 2010 i went with my rugby team touring Australia and the Pacific Islands a few months at a time respectively, fat?

Okay big boned yeah lol. But 5"11-6"3 245-270 lbs and 20-23 inch necks with heads like bulls of a fit prime Pacific islander sprinting at you full pace (and thats a pretty rapid pace they're deceptive) is not a laugh to tackle at knee-cap level with no pads on, we had the Haka and the full works presented before us.

Off the pitch they are extremely respectable and humble, animals on the pitch. Great bunch of lads.....

It doesn't answer the question 'why are they fat? But i would say off experience they'd eat a white man for dinner unless you're 6"4 plus and 252lbs (as i was) then you can just about handle them, not easy....

Fuck their fatness, they are beasts... They bite too off my personal experience, luckily his nose was big enough to brake.... He laughed at my face, thus i tripped him up and stomped on his calf...thats rugby..... No tickling contest, dog eat dog (or dog eat Pacific islander haha)... Great people...

I guess it depends whether they want to eat or train themselves up as athletes, the genetics are there if they choose to use them right..... Some Aussies are tough ****s too, they're mostly 'game' too....
            Those were the "athletes" the ones supposed to be in the best shape, and they were fat. Imagine the average joes, theyre fat as fuk.

The ones in hawaii dont work, just sit around eating and getting stoned all day and get free housing and a welfare check.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              Those were the "athletes" the ones supposed to be in the best shape, and they were fat. Imagine the average joes, theyre fat as fuk.

The ones in hawaii dont work, just sit around eating and getting stoned all day and get free housing and a welfare check.

Comment

Regardless of how someone looks I think the body fat dunk tank is the only proven accurate body composition test. A family member played for team Canada in four Rugby World Cups. To beat any Islander nation was a feather in the cap. YouTube Jonah Lamu, rest his soul.

Comment

Probably from eating taro with everything......pretty sure it's a natural steroid

Comment

They used to eat human beings. Now they eat Spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      It's crazy... they're either really fat or muscular as hell

My friend is kind of big, but compared to her family, she's small.

I think it's the food. I went to her family party once.... whole crap ton of food that looked high in fat

Comment

Working...
                      X