First sparring VIDEO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First sparring VIDEO

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and i already love it. I'm planning on posting more often here.

I don't know if this is the right section, if not, please a mod move this.

3 months ago, i got scouted by the Dutch Boxing Association, when i was only training for 5 months.

Today was my first day training with the Dutch Olympic selections or something, and we had to spar.
    I managed to get it recorded to view for the first time how i box, and i'd like to have some criticism from you guys.

I currently train for 7/8 months and i'm 15 years old.
    I weight around 160 Pounds.

When we took a little break at this video, it was because i gave him a hard uppercut.

youtube.com/watch?v=g4TuLMQFIUo&feature=plcp
    youtube.com/watch?v=-yTGedBkYoU
    youtube.com/watch?v=pq7FRj4BB9A
    (Im the one in black)

Please tell me what you guys think.

Thanks, Yadinho.
    Last edited by Yadinho; 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM.

Not a lot of work there to judge on, but here is my feedback.

1. Get a better camera man (I had to)
    2. Tuck your chin a bit more.
    3. Decent footwork but you bounce a little too much. It kind of telegraphs when you plan to come in.
    4. Way to come in behind the jab
    5. Your guard is very wide. You are wide open for body shots.
    6. You could use a little more head movement. You have kind of a "straight up", predictable type of style. Between that, little head movement, #5, #2 and #3, you would be very easy to time on the way in.

Not bad, but it looks like both you and your opponent could practice a little more fundamentals before sparring. Or slow spar for a while like shadowboxing but with light contact.

Comment

Everything was great. You did very good. You look solid for 160. Keep using your jab, slip punches, keep all your punches on target.

Comment

Thank you both, i'll post another 2 later today, one including a vid with a older and experienced guy.

Comment

Working...
        X