Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oregon State Republican Senator threatens police with violence if they do their job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon State Republican Senator threatens police with violence if they do their job

Oregon’s Senate Republicans*have left the statehouse. No, they’re not on vacation. They’re in hiding. All 11 have fled to prevent a vote on a sweeping cap-and-trade proposal, which the state House approved earlier this week and the Senate was expected to approve on Thursday. In a madcap game of hide and seek, Governor Kate Brown, a Democrat, ordered the state police to bring them back to Salem.

If approved, the bill would make Oregon the second state in the country with a cap-and-trade program. But the Senate needs to round up some of the missing senators to be able to hold a vote, and that might take a bit.

“I do not believe the state police will be able to find any of our members,” Tim Knopp, a Republican state senator,*told Oregon Public Broadcasting*as the Republicans reportedly scattered across several states on Thursday morning.

Brian Boquist, another Senate Republican, suggested on Wednesday that he might shoot any trooper sent to bring him back. “Send bachelors and come heavily armed,”*he said. “I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon.”

A*militia group*called*Oregon III%“vowed to provide security, transportation and refuge for those Senators in need” in*a Facebook post. “We will stand together with unwavering resolve, doing whatever it takes to keep these Senators safe.”
    https://grist.org/article/oregon-rep...-climate-bill/

they should be round up and strung up and shot like hogs.

Comment

Wut in the f#ck. This sounds insane.

I've been hearing about these political guys who don't show up to votes since forever. I think these mfers need to be dealt with like anyone else who don't show up for work. If you miss more than 2 days a year without a doctors note or some sh^t your ass is fired. And if you don't show up we are gonna need to find someone to take your place & that might as well be whoever came in 2nd in your seats election. That might help encourage these worthless mfers to show up more often.

Comment

Comment

Where’s all those pro cops posters at

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
            good question. They usually flood my topics about cops. They're suspiciously quiet in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              good question. They usually flood my topics about cops. They're suspiciously quiet in this one.
              They just 1 starred the thread like hoes. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                ////
                GhostofDempsey
                Curtis Harper
                Left Hook Tua

JimRaynor

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  They just 1 starred the thread like hoes. Smh
                  Or they'll create a topic to counter my topic

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    But I guarantee if they do comment their comments will be well thought out and reasoned. They'll take both sides into consideration. They won't just automatically side with the cops. Their position will be very nuanced

Comment

Working...
                    X