No announcement yet.

Like your opinions of champions that were on cocaine

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    I saw a interview with Eddie Murphy speaking about how wide spread coke was in the 80's, with celebrities and athletes 'Especially boxers'.
    He like trannies though so he must've been doing wild stuff. He definitely isn't your average man in the 80's.

Comment

I saw a interview with Eddie Murphy speaking about how wide spread coke was in the 80's, with celebrities and athletes 'Especially boxers'.
      Yea it was everywhere back then. It kind of had a rebirth in popularity in the 70s, and then crack became an epidemic in the mid-late 80s. That heavy era with Tubbs, Dokes, Witherspoon, Thomas and others really could have been a bit of a golden era for heavys without it. Instead it became the "lost era".

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
        Yea it was everywhere back then. It kind of had a rebirth in popularity in the 70s, and then crack became an epidemic in the mid-late 80s. That heavy era with Tubbs, Dokes, Witherspoon, Thomas and others really could have been a bit of a golden era for heavys without it. Instead it became the "lost era".
        The lost era, yes I have heard of that terminology being used to describe the heavyweights of that decade 'They where all very talented heavyweights' I think it was Tony Tubb's who really pushed Riddick Bowe back in the 90's 'I have only seen that fight once many years ago, but from my memory Tubb's was putting it on Riddick Bowe'.
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 10-18-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
          Quite a journey Pinklon Thomas did, from being a heroin addict to become an alphabet heavy champ.

A friend of mine, who works with people’s drug rehabilitation, says heroin users are treatable, because they haven’t damaged their brain, while addicts of amphetamine often can be lost cases.
          Opiates have the highest % of relapse and from what I have seen is the hardest to give up. That being said your right imo because I've seen many guys that used crank or meth and they are permanently tweaked. Almost like a "dry drunk", but worse.

Comment

The lost era, yes I have heard of that terminology being used to describe the heavyweights of that decade 'They where all very talented heavyweights' I think it was Tony Tubb's who really pushed Riddick Bowe back in the 90's 'I have only seen that fight once many years ago, but from my memory Tubb's was putting it on Riddick Bowe'.
            Yea he gave a pre title Bowe he ll. All those guys were great amateur's with a lot of talent. Tubbs even won the 1st rd with Tyson and nobody won the 1st rd with Mike back then. I wonder sometimes how that era would have turned out if not for the coke. Im not sure who would have separated themselves from the rest. Maybe Spoon or Thomas, but IDK Tubbs had MAYBE the most talent imo.

Comment

- -Tubbs was very good and prob clean.

DKing guided most them boys into it with the use of hookers in order to keep them rotating around fighting each other for peanuts while he and Carl skimmed their purses.

When's the last time anyone heard of Carl?

Prob lives on his own island he bought when Brando died.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                See Gary Webb's book: Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Cocaine Explosion

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                  See Gary Webb's book: Dark Alliance: The CIA, the Contras, and the Cocaine Explosion
                  - -Book based on tabloid media.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...773_story.html

Really , the people and their media are responsible for allowing the greatest human, drug, and sex trafficking in the short history of the Americas.

The governments are elected by them and in the US seem to have a bipolar disorder.

We are in the third millennium of 5000 yrs of recorded history and these smuggling cartels control much of Mexico and the Middle East.

Prohibition has never worked and only exacerbated the problem.
                  Last edited by QueensburyRules; 10-21-2019, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    Have heard some about that story, but have never read that book. Thx if I get a chance(and some time)I will check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                      - -Book based on tabloid media.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...773_story.html

Really , the people and their media are responsible for allowing the greatest human, drug, and sex trafficking in the short history of the Americas.

The governments are elected by them and in the US seem to have a bipolar disorder.

We are in the third millennium of 5000 yrs of recorded history and these smuggling cartels control much of Mexico and the Middle East.

Prohibition has never worked and only exacerbated the problem.
                      That last sentence is unfortunately true. If we learned ANYTHING from Prohibition during the 30s its that you cant stop what the people want. All it has done is what it did in the 30s and that's create a VERY powerful underworld. Funny in my youth when I did dabble in stuff I NEVER thought it should be legal, but since then I have changed my mind. It might create a few more addicts, but it would stop ALOT of the innocent victims. Like people being robbed or killed to get the money it costs. One other thing comes to mind for some reason is SEAT BELTS. When I went to Ireland more then a couple thought our laws on that were odd to say the least. They thought it was funny to police ourselves when not wearing a belt has NO VICTIMS except yourself. Now im not saying wearing seat belt is not a good idea(I do myself now), but the only life it may save is your own.Not wearing one has NO other victims.

Comment

Working...
                      X