No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Passes on Warren and Hearn, Goes Sauerland

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: David Price Passes on Warren and Hearn, Goes Sauerland

According to a report in the Daily Mail, British heavyweight contender David Price has signed a promotional agreement with powerful European promoter Sauerland Event.

Price (15-2, 13KOs) became a free agent when his longtime promoter Frank Maloney recently retired from the sport.

He had discussions with promoters Frank Warren and Eddie Hearn, but ultimately decided on Sauerland. Warren recently won a purse bid for the mandatory British title clash between Price and Dereck Chisora. In 2013, Price suffered back to back TKO defeats to American veteran Tony Thompson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No Chisora fight, then?

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
      No Chisora fight, then?
      Could still happen, I'm sure Warren is confident in Chisora and Price will want him at some point. I think this is a good decision from Price, I hope Sauerland don't waste his time though.

Comment

WTF he dropped Maloney after all that? Maloney nearly died for him FFS

Comment

Originally posted by BeGoodToMother View Post
          Maloney retired....

Comment

Originally posted by BeGoodToMother View Post
            Read the article...

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              Could still happen, I'm sure Warren is confident in Chisora and Price will want him at some point.
              Oh wait... Never mind. I somehow thought Price was a Warren boy. Seeing as Chisora still is, no reason why the fight can't still happen.

Good scrap if it does. By rights Price should crumble completely under the pressure of A) his chin holding up, B) his stamina holding up, and C) a third consecutive loss awaiting him. Chisora's a man on a mission now, so he should be in full-on animal mode to take this.

Comment

Price is done. It doesn't matter who promotes him. He's too flawed to compete at world level, and taking on Booth as his trainer will yield no benefit.

Having said that, i'm sure Sauerland will rustle up some euro bums for him in the next 6 months.

I wonder what the consequences will be for his exposure in the UK. Will Sauerland promote events in Liverpool or have him fighting out of Germany?

Comment

Why Sauerland over Matchroom? Who knows. Seems an odd choice.

Comment

Promote shows in Liverpool for sure.

Would be idiotic to take him away.

Strange choice all together. Would have liked to see him fight on Sky again,

Comment

Working...
                    X