Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Mike Tyson a P4P all-time great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the idea that he is among the top heavyweights but not the total ATG list for all weights. Definitely top twenty among the big guys.
    I believe if he stayed with the team that got him to the title he would have done alot better. I am refering to signing with King and firing Rooney.

Comment

Yes i agree he is....i wouldnt say hes better then guys Like Ali,Louis,Marciano or others like Lewis or Holyfield but he is definately in top 10 HW fighters of all time..

Comment

All time great heavyweight? Yes, all time great fighter pound for pound? No.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
          Had he defeated Bowe, Holyfield and Lewis, yes. Getting ko'd several times and not winning a major fight in the 1990's disqualifies him from being an ATG.
          You're pretty funny.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
            All time great heavyweight? Yes, all time great fighter pound for pound? No.
            why not ?
            his opponents were allways taller ..
            mike was barely 5'10", not 6" like some claim...

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
              why not ?
              his opponents were allways taller ..
              mike was barely 5'10", not 6" like some claim...
              An ATG wins big fights against big names. Ali, Robinson, Leonard.

Its not about beating people taller and heavier than u.

Plus i believe he was 5"11 not 5"10. That was Marciano.

Comment

Its strange that most people voted YES, but they didnt post a reason why, apart from the people who misread the question. Heavyweight ATG is different from P4P ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Anus View Post
                  An ATG wins big fights against big names. Ali, Robinson, Leonard.

Its not about beating people taller and heavier than u.

Plus i believe he was 5"11 not 5"10. That was Marciano.
                  no, he said himself he is 5'10"

Tyson measured himself in 2005 and declared he was a 'pathetic' 5ft 10

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                    no, he said himself he is 5'10"

Tyson measured himself in 2005 and declared he was a 'pathetic' 5ft 10

This is irrelevant though. There are no height classes, just weight. That said I would probably put him in the top 75 fighters all time p4p. That may not sound that good to some, but when you take into consideration all the boxers throughout history.....it's pretty damn good.

Comment

Not for me. The only time he won against another ATG heavyweight was the Holmes fight. Nobody really counts that as a good win do they? Larry was shot to ****. To make the P4P list he needed to have beaten Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Foreman (some big time ducking there by Tyson) and a few more solid contenders. There are too many names like McNeeley, Frazier, Julius Francis on his resume for it to be considered a who's who of his era, coupled with some truly embarrassing losses.
                      None of his title wins were against fighters who will be remembered as being anything special either. Berbick, Tucker, Smith, Bruno and Seldon won't even place in most people's top 250 HW fighters.

I gotta say though, I loved watching the man fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X