Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does Hopkins stand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i really dont think that that factor has much to do with it when looking at the larger picture

Comment

Hopkins wont get appreciated until he retires and we look back on his career. Give the guy a break. When all of the great middleweights die he will be up there chatting to Greb, La Motta, Zale, Cerdan, Hagler, Darcy, Ketchel, Fitzsimmons, Walker all the great middleweights hes on there level not necessarily above or below but he's on the level. Not in tnat order. Throw names i might have missed out on in the list. Please dont mention RJJ on the list.

Comment

yeah, i think its just a matter of time after a fighter retires that he's remembered fondly or as "one of the greatest"

Comment

he's at least top 5 for sure

Comment

he stands on the coward side

Comment

Originally posted by bubba1
              Among the other great middleweights in the history of the games based upon tonight's win?
              hopkins is an all time great..in a great division..robinson greb monzon ketchell cerdan walker lamotta hagler are some i rate over hopkins..in the top 12 or so..and thats not a shame by any means..hes a great in a division of greats .

Comment

Hopkins is definitely an all-time great at middleweight. I don't know about the top one ever... Hagler was better, IMO, but Hop could be right up there. He could be thrown into an argument with anybody, pfp, in the middleweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Jose View Post
                  Top 4 all time

Greb
                  Hagler
                  Monzon
                  Hopkins

he was top 4 before tonight anyway

you cant argue with winning. The guy has ruled the division for 10 years and has made 19 defenses
                  - -I ain't "you," so gonna tell you Poppy don't belong on your list.

Greb, Marv, and Monzon were truly great.

Comment

He stands in the conventional stance. Hagler southpaw.

Comment

Originally posted by realtim View Post
                      Hopkins wont get appreciated until he retires and we look back on his career. Give the guy a break. When all of the great middleweights die he will be up there chatting to Greb, La Motta, Zale, Cerdan, Hagler, Darcy, Ketchel, Fitzsimmons, Walker all the great middleweights hes on there level not necessarily above or below but he's on the level. Not in tnat order. Throw names i might have missed out on in the list. Please dont mention RJJ on the list.
                      - -Roy didn't go out flat on his back squalling like a baby for his bottle, Popkins did.

Mo' shame for the shameless.

Comment

Working...
                      X