Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most unlikeable fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ike Ibeabuchi would seem to be a rotten egg....kidnapping, several cases of sexual assualt and multiple cases of random, unprovoked aggression as well. He also went through a phase of actually believing he was a President and blew his top when people did not address him properly.

But in all likelihood Ike is probably mad (extreme biopolar) rather than bad and what he really needs from the State of Nevada is long-term counselling and a proper course of drugs that will manage his condition.

Ike is proof that even 'bad guys' may actually deserve a second chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
      Ike Ibeabuchi would seem to be a rotten egg....kidnapping, several cases of sexual assualt and multiple cases of random, unprovoked aggression as well. He also went through a phase of actually believing he was a President and blew his top when people did not address him properly.

But in all likelihood Ike is probably mad (extreme biopolar) rather than bad and what he really needs from the State of Nevada is long-term counselling and a proper course of drugs that will manage his condition.

Ike is proof that even 'bad guys' may actually deserve a second chance.
      he sounds like a prick of the highest level. mental illness is no excuse for sexual assault

Comment

I don't know man, it just depends on what you like in a fighter and their personality. I have never disliked anyone enough to not watch them, but I know some people who refused to watch guys who just ran through the bum of the month club. I know people who refused to watch Jones, Tyson, Lewis, Mayweather, Chavez Sr, and Naz on certain nights if they saw a no hoper in there with them (yes, that means I was off fishing when Douglas beat Tyson because my dad thought it was a better use of our time). The biggest boxing fan I know skipped Broners fight last night, but will happily watch him fight someone not an 80 to 1 underdog. Most people I know appreciate talent, they just want real fights.

Comment

@YNWA - agreed, but only in principle.

When you actually look at Ike's tragic life you realise that if people had really cared about him and he'd had a few people with some skills beyond hustling and boxing....he would have actually been removed from society and given treatment before he went completely off the rails.

Basically, he was mentally ill and should not have been allowed to box.

There's a serious point to be made here....a great many fighters end-up bankrupt, on-the-streets, in prison or reviled because they come from incredibly difficult and unstable backgrounds in the first place and are then thrown into the limelight and take part in a sport which can damage them both physically and mentally.

The list is endless and even as a hardcore boxing fan it is hard to stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodyshot3 View Post
            @YNWA - agreed, but only in principle.

When you actually look at Ike's tragic life you realise that if people had really cared about him and he'd had a few people with some skills beyond hustling and boxing....he would have actually been removed from society and given treatment before he went completely off the rails.

Basically, he was mentally ill and should not have been allowed to box.

There's a serious point to be made here....a great many fighters end-up bankrupt, on-the-streets, in prison or reviled because they come from incredibly difficult and unstable backgrounds in the first place and are then thrown into the limelight and take part in a sport which can damage them both physically and mentally.

The list is endless and even as a hardcore boxing fan it is hard to stomach.
            I agree. Didn't mean to sound flippant. By the sound of things the guy needed help a long time ago before he became such a danger to the public.

Comment

Butler, Valero, Mayorga, Resto and Margarito.

Comment

although he's probably harmless, not least because he punches about as hard as my mother after a spliff, Paul Maligignanggalieee really wrecks my head

he's like one of those gob****es off Jersey Shore. his voice, clothes, hair, attitude leave me fuming

most punchable fizzog in the world!

Comment

Worst person is James Butler
                  Most unlikeable is Joe Calslappy and its not even close

Comment

Working...
                  X