Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boxing is brutal. one controversial win and you're a bum. a hypejob.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing is brutal. one controversial win and you're a bum. a hypejob.

No other sports is like this.

Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
    Its how it is when you have irrational fans. Boxing have the worst fans.

Let me correct myself, American Boxing have the worst fans.

Comment

not really controversial imo. i think pacquiao deserved to win based on the last time i scored it. (scored it for jmm the first time)

i think people were amazed every round marquez didn't get ktfo'd. we were expecting pac to kick ass, and marquez to get his ass kicked. that didn't happen and it made it look like marquez was doing better than he actually did

reality is, the fight was close. could have gone either way.

Comment

*****s were asking for pacquiao to relinquish his fighter of the decade award for 2000-2009.

because he won a "controversial" win in 2011.

gotta love them floozies.

Comment

You're a bum if you struggle against one of the most skilled boxers/counter punchers in the game?!?

Comment

Who does this apply to exactly? Because let me tell you, Martinez's last outing had the Pacman fanbase calling him severly overrated even though he walked away with a ko.

It's the way the cookie crumbles. Boxing would have been better off without the *******. Everything they spout is stupid. Marquez was ok for Manny, but not Floyd. Mosley was washed up for Floyd, after they claimed Floyd won't fight him,( but not for Manny). Manny has cleaned out 147, even though it's Floyd that dispatched at least 4 champions. I could go on, but what's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by U.ncleSam View Post
              In this case the guy who is allegedly the best fighter in the world had all the advantages and still couldn't win decisively. Manny failed to live up to expectations against the best opponent he has fought in sveral years, depending on how you judge cotto at 145.

Additionally, Manny once again struggled against a boxer, which is a criticism he has faced for years as he has risen to the upper echelon of the sport.

This is what happens when you fail to meet expectations against good competition.

Comment

EVERYONE (except the judges) had very HIGH expectations on Pacquiao. It's his charisma and downfall at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  In this case the guy who is allegedly the best fighter in the world had all the advantages and still couldn't win decisively. Manny failed to live up to expectations against the best opponent he has fought in sveral years, depending on how you judge cotto at 145.

Additionally, Manny once again struggled against a boxer, which is a criticism he has faced for years as he has risen to the upper echelon of the sport.

This is what happens when you fail to meet expectations against good competition.
                  You just contradicted yourself. You say Pac has ALL the advantages, then you say 'once again struggled against a boxer.' So what advantages are you talking about? For all I know, everyone overhyped how Pac's going to perform and he came up short and disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

Exactly what advantages did Pac have? Dont say weight or size. Both are the same size. JMM even outweighed Pac on fight night and looked fantastic! Wasnt sluggish or weak. He was actually very sharp, fast, and strong.

Comment

Working...
                    X