Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF! Original Joe Walcott Didn't Get Inducted Into IBHOF In The First Year!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF! Original Joe Walcott Didn't Get Inducted Into IBHOF In The First Year!

That is damn wrong! Original Walcott didnt get inducted in the IBHOF in the first year of induction. That is wrong. Walcott is one of the greatest fighters p4p fighters ever.

Walcott's accomplishments
    http://coxscorner.tripod.com/walcott.html

But yet Bob Foster, Kid Gavalin, Jersey Joe Walcott all went in the first year! And Walcott was greater than all of them.

I wonder why he didnt get inducted in the first year in the IBHOF in 1990. He was inducted in 1991.....

Very strange.......

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
    That is damn wrong! Original Walcott didnt get inducted in the IBHOF in the first year of induction. That is wrong. Walcott is one of the greatest fighters p4p fighters ever.

Walcott's accomplishments
    http://coxscorner.tripod.com/walcott.html

But yet Bob Foster, Kid Gavalin, Jersey Joe Walcott all went in the first year! And Walcott was greater than all of them.

I wonder why he didnt get inducted in the first year in the IBHOF in 1990. He was inducted in 1991.....

Very strange.......
    On the positive it will make for a confusing quiz question picking which Walcott got in in which year
    Its probably as inane as that you know, 2 Joe Walcotts?

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      On the positive it will make for a confusing quiz question picking which Walcott got in in which year
      Its probably as inane as that you know, 2 Joe Walcotts?
      Come on GJC lets take this thread serious.......

Comment

he still got inducted..

maybe they just wanted him in the 2nd year

probs didnt want both joe walcotts inducted in the same year???

Comment

Originally posted by Kiid Dynamite View Post
          he still got inducted..

maybe they just wanted him in the 2nd year

probs didnt want both joe walcotts inducted in the same year???
          But he should of been inducted in the first year. Thats my point.......

And if they didnt want both walcotts in, they should of picked the better one and the original one. And that would be ORIGINAL Joe Walcott!

Comment

Originally posted by cotto16 View Post
            But he should of been inducted in the first year. Thats my point.......

And if they didnt want both walcotts in, they should of picked the better one and the original one. And that would be ORIGINAL Joe Walcott!
            Wouldn't argue with you on that.
            Honestly though I reckon it was down to them having the same name.
            Similar thing was Richard Attenborough getting his knighthood apparently they meant to give it to his brother David!

Comment

Personally I was always suprised that McLarnin, Loughren and Burley didn't get in 1st time of asking too.

Comment

Working...
              X